[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Using a Pseudonym to Talk to Real People • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Using a Pseudonym to Talk to Real People

Social Marketing strategies: using Web 2.0 Social Media apps & services to gain traffic and exposure to your websites. Discussions on Digg, Facebook, Twitter, Pownce, StumbleUpon, MySpace & more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Alan Petersen

Using a Pseudonym to Talk to Real People

Postby AnitaHampl » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:25 am

I have a niche web presence (Twitter, blog, email) in a pen name/pseudonym.

I'm legit, my business niche is legit, and I contacted a vendor about an affiliate opportunity that I noticed with his product. He emailed me back to my pen name and asked me to CALL HIM to discuss my Marketing Plan.

Yikes!

I am not likely to promote his product (it's a thing, not a digital file) on any other niches, but I just feel kind of odd play-acting this role. Luckily, my alter-ego IS a woman LOL.
I really want to keep this identity separate from "me" - so as not to confuse my regular brick & mortar clients, and so I can blog more freely about people LOL.

I'd love some insights from people who are actually using pseudonyms.

Thanks!
Anita Hampl aka (yeah, right) :lol:
AnitaHampl

Postby lisamariemary » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:38 pm

You know, Anita - these are the types of things I've always wondered about with pseudonyms. I can't wait to see some response in this thread!
lisamariemary
Elite Member

Postby AnitaHampl » Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:43 pm

I'm afraid its like a secret socity's handshake: you can't know it unless you know it . . .
AnitaHampl

Postby terrapin719 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:26 pm

terrapin719
Elite Member

Postby AnitaHampl » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:38 pm

Ahh, Loretta:

There are lots of local friends I'd love to be able to say that too. (In fairness, probably more of them would like to say that to ME ) :oops

Seriously, your tips sound great! For this particular vendor, since they are new to affiliate marketing themselevs, I will go ahead and call and tell him I use a DBA. But for established internet marketing types, I will use your suggestion re: chat. I love it, and truly appreciate your response.

Thanks, Anita

~p.s. I wonder if replays of the webinar is available/findable? Anyone?
AnitaHampl

Postby terrapin719 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:14 pm

terrapin719
Elite Member

Postby angienewton » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:40 pm

angienewton
Elite Member

Return to SMO: Social Marketing & Social Media