This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Would making multiple "keyworded" subdomains benef

SEO strategy, tips & questions. How to optimize web pages. Search engine algorithms. What affects your rankings. This is where you'll find all discussions related to Search Engine Optimization.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Would making multiple "keyworded" subdomains benef

Postby ramee001 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:09 am

So, I'm kind of new to SEO but have decided that I need to figure this stuff out in order to make my site successful.

So I had an idea and I don't know if this has been done before or what, or if it even makes sense.

What if I were to create a whole bunch of keyworded subdomains for my website that resolve to a page that is a search result page of that specific keyword? In case that didn't make any sense,.. I want to create maybe a handful of subdomains that are a targeted keyword. Lets say I was shooting for "Fuji Apples" as a google keyword. I would create the domain fuji-apples.mysite.com. Then on that page it would be a search result page of a search of "fuji apples" on my own website. It sort of works from the same basic idea of a tags could which just links to a search of that term.

Is this something that google will ignore, or even punish me for? Or is it possible that I had a good idea?
ramee001

Postby tknoppe » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:04 am

I would not recommend that. I would start with a main domain name that is more 'apple' general; then create pages within that site that are specific to different types of apples with quality content that contains your specific keyword naturally within the text.

Landing on a search results page is not what the search engines want to see, they want actual content with value, and where the keyword is naturally found in that text like you would find if you were talking about that topic to someone standing in front of you in a conversation.
tknoppe
Elite Member

Postby terrapin719 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:53 pm

I agree with what Traci said and would recommend the same.
terrapin719
Elite Member

Postby angienewton » Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:16 pm

Sounds like the black hat stuff they talk about these days. I would just work on adding valuable content using SEO and you'll be found in the SE's in no time. I know because I have been doing it on my blog and a lot of the posts I work hard on are showing up on page 1 in Google. Next step #1 LOL

Care to share your website?

If you have questions about SEO we'll be happy to help.
angienewton
Elite Member

Return to SEO - Search Engine Optimization