[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Windows Vista • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Windows Vista

The completely OFF TOPIC forum :-)

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Windows Vista

Postby jazdmarkets » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:14 am

Hi,

I am planning to buy a new Laptop. My old laptop has Windows XP. The new laptop will have window vista business. I have no Idea about Window Vista Business. Has anyone used it? How is it different from Windows XP? Any comments are welcome.
jazdmarkets

Postby angienewton » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:38 pm

angienewton
Elite Member

Postby lisamariemary » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:49 pm

lisamariemary
Elite Member

Postby karynsolo » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:44 pm

I have Vista on my new laptop and I love it, BUT beware that if you do not get a laptop with enough memory you are not going to have it run well. Vista needs min 2 gigs ram to really run well, so when looking make sure your new system has at least that.

What I did was got an open box system at best buy, saved a bundle of money, then took mine up from 2 gigs ram to 3 and it runs beautiful.
karynsolo

Postby CorpRebel » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:56 pm

Got my 2 new Dell notebooks last Tuesday. One has XPpro and the other has Vista Home Premium. I got the XP one because I know it (XP) pretty well after all these years and I needed a new notebook with a dependable operating system that can still use my older software.

I also got the Vista so I can familiarize myself with it. Had to. I bought my mom a new PC and it has Vista on it too so when she actually receives it in a couple of weeks I'm gonna have to fly out to SoCal and set it up for her.

Soooo .... I better learn how to use it FAST! :P

With all the bad press about Vista, one can be leery but since I've been using it for 5 days so far, it's really not too bad at all. It actually works with much of my older software (but not all), so I'm not gonna have to splurge and get new software which I thought I was gonna have to do.

Vista does things a bit differently, though. Mostly you just have to get used to it. But it's FAST.

But as Karyn mentioned previously, make sure that you have at least 2GB of RAM (memory)! I believe Vista allows you to use up to 4GB RAM.

AND a good graphics card if you will be doing media type stuff.

My 3 centz anyway ...

Have Fun & Good Luck!

8)
CorpRebel

Postby Mel » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:43 am

I bought a Dell with Vista.... sold it. I hated it. It was slow even with plenty of memory but worse than that, it would not play well with my internet (satellite). I think in the 4 months that I owned it, it connected to the net twice and that was after calling tech support (both Dell and my sat people).

I sold it to a friend who has DSL internet, it works fine with the net but he says it's slow for him too and all he does is surf the net and check email.

I know eventually I'll have to upgrade, but I'm holding out as long as I can and also scoping out alternative operating systems while I wait.
Mel

Postby tknoppe » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:58 am

My new laptop has Vista - no issues with it.
tknoppe
Elite Member

Postby nar321 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:47 pm

nar321
Elite Member

Return to Coffee Break!