[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Website Traffic: Quality vs. Quantity • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Website Traffic: Quality vs. Quantity

Newbies are welcome! Join us here to discuss anything related to getting started with your first eBiz - or even a new eBiz model. From ideas to implementation. If you've got questions, ask them here! -- NOTE: topics in this section may get moved to more appropriate categories at some point. If you are unsure where to post your question, feel free to post it here!

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Website Traffic: Quality vs. Quantity

Postby David Jackson » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:49 am

My Free Marketing Tips Blog is brand new. I started it back in December. As a result, I'm not getting much traffic yet. Some days, I'm lucky if I get 40 or 50 visitors to my blog On a good day, I'll get around 80 or 90 visitors.

But that hasn't stopped me from being successful and making money. Why? Because the quality of my traffic is so good, I'm not dependent on the quantity of traffic I get.

You see, most marketers focus on gettting as much traffic to their sites as they can get. They really don't care where it comes from. They just want traffic, and they'll advertise on free ad sites and trade links with anybody. As a result, most of the traffic they receive isn't targeted. Their visitors don't purchase anything, and probably never will. Because it's not quality traffic.

I take the opposite approach. I shoot for quality traffic. First of all, I don't trade links, unless you have an established, quality website that is relevant to mine. In addition, I only write articles that are geared to my target audience. I don't try to be all things to all people.

My specialty is marketing, and that's all I do - period. And I only "hang out" at small business and marketing forums, because that's where my targeted audience hangs out.

As a result, my conversion ratio is exceptionally high. For every 10 people who visit my site, 3 of them will either purchase my consulting services, or purchase one of the affiliate products I sell. Some purchase both. That's a whopping 30 percent conversion ratio! With that kind of closing ratio, I really don't need a lot of traffic to make good money.

Having that kind of conversion ratio takes a lot of pressure off of me - financially speaking. I can play on my computer all day, and not have to worry about paying my bills.

If your website isn't making as much money as you'd like, instead of quantity, try focusing on getting more quality traffic to your site.

It works for me!

David Jackson
David Jackson

Postby tknoppe » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:46 am

Good topic David, one I was discussing just this AM on Twitter in reference to followers/following. You want 'targeted traffic' not just numbers for numbers sake: but folks who are interested in what you have. This is why I like Twitter so much, if used wisely with seeking out targeted people to follow - thus increasing the likelihood those same targeted people will follow back - you are creating a target market 'list' so to speak, via Twitter. Other social media tools like Stumbleupon & Digg may bring traffic, but it's not necessarily targeted traffic, so not quite as effective in converting those visitors into sales.
tknoppe
Elite Member

Postby angienewton » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:04 pm

angienewton
Elite Member

Postby David Jackson » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:50 pm

David Jackson

Postby David Jackson » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:51 pm

David Jackson

Postby tam2005 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:31 pm

tam2005

Postby David Jackson » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:54 pm

David Jackson

Postby tam2005 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:27 am

You're most welcome. :)
tam2005

Postby terrapin719 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:33 am

Great topic indeed. I have a blog that averages around 100 visitors per day, I blog there maybe once per week and because the traffic is targeted that site is pulling in around $200 a month with very little work from me. (Now, if I could just pull my brain out and get focused, I'm sure it would do much better!)
terrapin719
Elite Member

Postby David Jackson » Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:34 pm

David Jackson

Postby terrapin719 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:21 pm

terrapin719
Elite Member

Postby David Jackson » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:38 pm

David Jackson

Postby terrapin719 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:24 pm

terrapin719
Elite Member