[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Fatal Errors trying to upgrade WordPress using AU • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Fatal Errors trying to upgrade WordPress using AU

All about blogging, bloggers, how to blog, platforms and themes and templates, blog promotion, working with RSS feeds, and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises, Mike Paul

Fatal Errors trying to upgrade WordPress using AU

Postby nar321 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:46 pm

nar321
Elite Member

Postby lisamariemary » Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:09 pm

lisamariemary
Elite Member

Postby nar321 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:24 pm

nar321
Elite Member

Postby lisamariemary » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:36 pm

lisamariemary
Elite Member

Postby tknoppe » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:38 pm

Mmmm - off to test this theory on one of my sites. I'll use WP auto upgrade plugin. Be right back. ;)
tknoppe
Elite Member

Postby tknoppe » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:40 pm

Sorry to disappoint - worked perfectly for me using the WP automatic upgrade plugin.

Perhaps there is an incompatibility with another plugin and/or your theme? Did you have the latest version of WP auto update before you tried updating WP?
tknoppe
Elite Member

Postby nar321 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:09 pm

nar321
Elite Member

Postby allmylovecrafts » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:02 am

Not sure if this will help but, here is a link to guys site that has helped other people I know with their upgrade.

He made a list of things to watch. There is also a list of Plug In Compatibility.

He made this list with links after he 'blew up' his blog a few times. LOL! Ok, it's not really funny.

I don't use Wordpress so, I have no personal experience with this type of problem.

Sheryl Loch
allmylovecrafts

Postby tknoppe » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:14 am

I know where you're coming from Robert: and agree, best to let others know there could be a problem. Plugins are both good & bad really. Good when they work; bad when they don't. LOL

It's both puzzling and frustrating to come upon someone who has an issue with a plugin that works perfectly for others. Hard to trace down why or where the problem is exactly.

So just as you were reporting your issue with the plugin, I was equally reporting I had no issue. Not trying to challenge your issue at all!! Didn't mean to imply that. :) Just didn't want folks to panic thinking the plugin would 100% not work for them - it's always a risk I guess with plugins.
tknoppe
Elite Member

Postby lindastacy » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:55 pm

It can be a bit tricky sometimes and things may or may not work right for mysterious reasons.... well, mysterious to me anyway. :lol:

Always, always make sure you back up your database before trying new plugin or before trying either upgrade tool for the first time.

The last time I tried to upgrade my blog, the new built-in WordPress upgrade didn't work (even though AU was disabled) and the old WordPress Automatic Upgrade didn't either. Ended up doing it manually. AU has been updated since then so hopefully it will work for me next time. I'm spoiled now and I whined about having to manually upgrade. :roll:
lindastacy

Return to Blogs, Bloggers & Blogging