[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - An idea I need opinions on, Please • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

An idea I need opinions on, Please

Newbies are welcome! Join us here to discuss anything related to getting started with your first eBiz - or even a new eBiz model. From ideas to implementation. If you've got questions, ask them here! -- NOTE: topics in this section may get moved to more appropriate categories at some point. If you are unsure where to post your question, feel free to post it here!

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Postby Monna Ellithorpe » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:49 am

Thank you for your condolences.

Those are two areas I hadn't thought of yet.

I was beginning to think it might be too broad of a subject for me as a beginner to try but maybe not.

I was told by someone in another group it was too broad and highly competitive of a subject and that I needed to narrow it down to more of a single niche but there are so many things that evolve and have evolved from losing a spouse.

life insurance, military paperwork and benefits, finances, job, being a single parent again (not in my case though), the funeral and memorials, adjusting to being alone, support groups, other family members, books on grief, stages of grief, dealing with other people, medications, Hospice,

and as you mentioned other areas I haven't thought of yet or situations I haven't come across yet.

I haven't actually started working on it yet, except for my blog and on paper. I just am not sure what to do. :( :?
Monna Ellithorpe

Postby chriscobb » Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:08 pm

chriscobb
Elite Member

Postby Monna Ellithorpe » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:01 pm

Monna Ellithorpe

Postby chriscobb » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:06 pm

chriscobb
Elite Member

Postby Monna Ellithorpe » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:13 pm

Monna Ellithorpe

Postby angienewton » Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:56 pm

Monna,
We can definitely help brainstorm keyword phrases. Just let us know when you're ready. Maybe start another thread in the part of the forum.
angienewton
Elite Member

Postby lisamariemary » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:28 pm

Monna - I am so sorry for your loss and I am uber impressed with your ...uh - you know, just dealing with things! Going to work, getting on with things, and most especially, starting this blog with the thought to not only help yourself but also others - and that it could become an income source for you, too. Wow - that is just really impressive, as I don't do well at all with grief and/or sadness.

Here's my opinion on the whole thing, which seems to be far different from everyone else. LOL Since it sounds to me like you've lost your husband fairly recently, on the one hand - and also because, you have expressed concerns for the ethics of this venture - my suggestion is to just let it flow from you, to start out with.

Don't worry about keyword research, don't worry about who your advertisers might be, etc etc

In order to have this project be truly organic, just post. Just post.

If you're having a bad, sad day - post about it. 'Write yourself' through it. If you're having a together day and you've found something that is helpful to widows/widowers, post about that.

Just let it be truly organic for a while, without thought of how it's going to measure up to be a business.

Kind of like a painter or a writer (Deb, you can chime in here) goes through their creative process...just let it flow....then when it's nice and meaty - you can add more stuff that has more of a monetization-centric focus. And you can also go back and re-work old stuff to make it further benefit you.

The posts on my blog with the most traffic are the ones that just came out of me, with no monetization strategy in mind. Drives me crazy sometimes, but, it's true. I plan on going back to them, though, and now adding in stuff that might benefit me - or taking those certain topics and expanding on them, and linking back to the original posts, etc.

Anyway - that's my 2c ;)
lisamariemary
Elite Member

Postby Monna Ellithorpe » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:07 am

Monna Ellithorpe

Postby angienewton » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:06 am

angienewton
Elite Member

Postby tknoppe » Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:58 am

tknoppe
Elite Member

Widow in waiting

Postby DJSFran32 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:21 pm

DJSFran32

Postby lisamariemary » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:07 pm

lisamariemary
Elite Member

Postby angienewton » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:07 pm

angienewton
Elite Member

Postby DJSFran32 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:02 am

I will be happy to help as much as she is willing to accept. The first year is the worse and I won't say it will ever get better but it will change. After awhile she will learn new ways of dealing with things and eventually she will be ready to move on. Forgiving herself for living will be the first step.
DJSFran32

Postby Monna Ellithorpe » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:42 pm

Sorry everyone, I kind of lost track of the posts for a while. I have started on my web site but I have 1 article published already and two more waiting for approval.

It is amazing how many readers there have been to my one article so far; about 300 in 2 weeks (may not seem like a lot to some but it is to me). http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Monna_Ellithorpe

I only have the first page of my web site started, so it will be a while before it actually goes up. I want to get about 5 pages done before I put it up and then add to it from there. I am still looking for software to work with. Dreamweaver was suggested because it can update all links on the pages at once without you having to change or correct each link manually. No way I can afford Dreamweaver right now. Anyone know of an html editor similar to Dreamweaver that will update all the links at one time?

Fran, somehow I missed your post all together. Thank you and I apologize. I welcome any suggestions or help that anyone offers.
Monna Ellithorpe

PreviousNext

Return to Getting Started - Learning the Basics