[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Please Be Gentle • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Please Be Gentle

Post your website for review, and let fellow members give you valuable feedback! Please post the link, a bit of information about your website, and what it is you would like feedback on specifically (design, color scheme, browser compatibility, copy, functionality, etc)

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Please Be Gentle

Postby Kathleen Roberts » Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:05 pm

Kathleen Roberts

Postby annalaurabrown » Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:35 pm

I love the design. It is very appealing. I do think however, that your opt-in newsletter box needs to be on the front page as well. Also, a bit of information about what you include in the newsletter so as to give us a reason to opt-in would be helpful.
annalaurabrown
Elite Member

Postby Kathleen Roberts » Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:55 pm

Thank you! :) I will work on that.
Kathleen Roberts

Postby kas10900 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:34 am

I like the look of the site but not sure the theme matches the content. It looks more like a travel diary site not a copywriting site. I would expect to see more pictures relating to writing or typing etc.
kas10900

Postby Kathleen Roberts » Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:21 am

I thought about that too. I had narrowed it down to several templates that I liked and this was one of them. I may play with it some more though.

I've been sick so I haven't made any changes in the last several days. However, as soon as I feel normal again I'll get to work on it.

Thanks! :)
Kathleen Roberts

Postby Mitch » Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:34 pm

I'm not sure if it's just my browser, but it looks like it's only taking up half of my screen,with lots of "white" space to my right. I have to admit I'm not crazy about uncentered sites, but that may just be a personal preference. I do like the colors, though.
Mitch

Postby skyjoe76 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:01 am

Very nice design site.

Just feel that maybe your newsletter form should be on the side bar, so that visitors can sign up once they are at the home page.

Also why do people want to sign up for your newsletter? There isn't mention of free gift or benefits for signing up.
skyjoe76

Postby MrCat » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:13 pm

Looks good! Only thing I did notice is that it is not centered. Is it really like that?
MrCat

Postby Kathleen Roberts » Thu Nov 20, 2008 7:13 pm

Yes, I was concerned about the not centered thing, too. I may just use a different template. I haven't done much to update because I've been sick and quite swamped with work. However, as soon as I get a day to myself, I will change it up a bit and see how it works out.

I also was planning to put together an ebook for signing up for the newsletter. Since I haven't had a chance to work on it I may just remove the whole thing until I can. Lots of plans and not much time all of a sudden. lol I guess it's a good thing. It means I'm making money. Good thing I love my work. :)

I appreciate the feedback though. Thanks much for your help. :)
Kathleen Roberts

Postby holidaymaine » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:47 am

I like your theme but, here are some things you should work on.
1) Logo. This is important to help set you site apart from other web services sites.
2) Favicon. The little pic in the browser address bar.The logo and the Favicon goes hand in hand.
3) The theme looks like its a travel theme you should try to get a business theme.

Good luck with your business. much success.
holidaymaine

Postby MommyEnterprises » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:35 am

MommyEnterprises

Postby Kathleen Roberts » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:31 am

Thank everyone. You've all been so helpful. :)

I have a new template that I think is a better fit. Let me know what you think of it.

I'll have to work on creating a logo. I'm not very graphically inclined. ;) I have no earthly clue how to do a favicon. I'll have to do some research on that one.

So, if you have time, take another peek and tell me if it all looks better now.

Thanks much! :)
Kathleen
Kathleen Roberts

Postby karynsolo » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:28 am

karynsolo

Postby Kathleen Roberts » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:05 am

Oh my goodness. I forgot I had posted this here! I'm so sorry I haven't responded to you sooner Karynsolo.

Adding screen shots is a great idea! I'll add that to my list. :) I do need a logo, too. I might have a few connections to help me do that. No, it isn't Wordpress. Just a template in my web design software that I liked.

I am sort of putting it all on hold for just a bit. I am taking some classes through the HTML Writer's Guild so I can create a more effective site. I used to know a bit about HTML, but that was 10 years ago. A lot has changed since then.

Once I get these classes done I plan to re-launch my site, incorporating all the great ideas that you all have shared with me. It's such a big help to have others look and share ideas.

Thanks to all of you. You're all awesome! :)
Kathleen Roberts

Return to Website Reviews