[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Press Release Info • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Press Release Info

Promoting websites, online advertising, press releases... In this category, you'll find everything about marketing, exposure & publicity for your online ventures.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Michelle Waters

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:45 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby WAHumor » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:55 am

I'm a little wary of using any type of mass submitter software for press releases.

Within a month or two of ArticleAnnouncer's launch, several top article sites refused to accept any submissions by it.

I'll stick with PRWeb and eReleases and the like myself.
WAHumor
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:30 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby WAHumor » Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:48 am

Honestly, I don't recall which sites weren't accepting back then, but I have (as Miz Lynny ordered, her wish, my command sort of thing :wink: ) checked with some of the biggies like goarticles, marketing-seek and ideamarketers.

From what I see, there's no longer a problem with it, and I know one top earner that I trust who swears by it, so what the heck!

It is quicker and cheaper than most press releases, which are really just for an event or change. Articles are written and posted a lot more often or should be!
WAHumor
Elite Member

Postby jimmydennis » Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:56 pm

Denise,

Your lesson is GREAT! Thank you very much! I intend to write a news release using the information you gave me.

Very Nice!
jimmydennis

My Experience with press releases...

Postby kemet » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:17 am

Hi, I hope this shows up in the right place. I am new to this forum. I am responding to your thread on press releases.

Press releases can be very powerful, if you follow The Method. If done correctly, you will find your press release on the 1st page of Google search results in a couple of days!

Here it is. Choose the keyword phrase you want to optimize, let's say Foreclosure Cash. Use the term within the first 4 words of your press release title. Foreclosure Cash Machine Announced Today by...

It is not necessary to use the phrase in the body of your release, but it can't hurt. But what you Must do, is to make the keywords you are optimizing for, the Last Words or phrase in the body of the press release!

The best way to do that is to use it as anchor text that the reader would click on to go to your site. Or, the URL to your site could be the same keyword phrase.

The title to your capture page on your website should use those same keywords too. Using it in your headline also helps.

As long as the keywords you are optimizing for are not increadibly common, mortgage or *** or something, you will find that in a couple of days, your press release will be within the top 10 or at least the top 20 on Google.

Unfortunately, it will not maintain this position for long. Google knows that a press release has a short shelf life, so after a week or so, you wil start to lose postition, so write them often.

Here is an exsample of a release we did a couple of weeks ago:
http://www.mediafire.com/?8x9m5tdmhnz

It got as high as number 8 on page 1 of the search results, 2 days after release. I searched on it before writing this post and Foreclosure Cash was still number 20 on Google today. Number 16 and 17 were my MY Space ad and my Craigslist ad, but that is the story for another post!

Incidently, there is no reason to spend money on distributing your press release. I have done it both ways and the free option on
24-7PressRelease.com works as well as the paid version, in my experience.

Hope this helps!

Bill
kemet

Postby forummaster » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:04 am

I have a quick question...how would you rate press releases on a 1-10 scale on effectiveness?
forummaster

Postby RadioGirl » Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:21 pm

It depends on what your goals are and how well your release is written.

For instance, if you are using online press releases to up your SEO then it will depend on how well the release is optimized with keywords.

If you are using it to attract media attention then you must concentrate on newsworthiness.

I've had clients (former clients really as I've moved on from promotions for the most part) receive coverage in major places and be disappointed by the results and had others receive coverage in what they perceived to be minor publications and received great response in terms of traffic surges and sales.
RadioGirl
Elite Member

Postby Kathleen Roberts » Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:05 pm

Gosh, I should have joined this forum a long time ago! I am so bummed that I missed out on Denise's free lesson. :( Anything similar that you all could direct me to?

Thanks! :)
Kathleen
Kathleen Roberts

Re: Press Release Info

Postby jrise » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:07 pm

jrise

Postby RadioGirl » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:01 am

I've never been a fan of equalizer programs personally, but then I've never truly seriously considered them since the tactics I'm using already work to meet and exceed the expectations I have for public relations. I guess it may be a YMMV thing...
RadioGirl
Elite Member

Postby Kurt Henninger » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:45 pm

Yes, press releases can get traffic for you in a couple of ways. If the actual release is optimized correctly, it can get indexed for certain keywords and get you traffic from the search engines.

Of course, if something is particularly newsworthy, then by all means, submit it and it might get picked up by the press and you get traffic and publicity that way.
Kurt Henninger

Advice needed

Postby MommysClub » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:04 am

MommysClub

Previous

Return to Online Marketing & Publicity