[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - How do I get started in having my own shopping cart site? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

How do I get started in having my own shopping cart site?

Discuss domain name registration, registrars, hosting companies, how-to's and anything else associated with domain names and web hosting.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood

How do I get started in having my own shopping cart site?

Postby kislany » Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:52 am

Ok, I'm a newbie at websites, I have my own blog, but that's all so far. I make jewelry and I've decided to take the plunge and sell it online on my own website, using a shopping cart (right now I can only take Paypal). So what I have so far is a domain name (marikajewelry.com) with Godaddy. What are the next steps for me? I'm not asking in terms of technical details, but do I need to get next? I'm thinking of using Zencart, so I know I"ll have to download the software, but do I need something else, like a hosting site, or does zencart have everything else I need, and once ready, I can just point my domain name to it?
Any help greatly appreciated. If I could get myself up and running by the end of the year, it would be great, one milestone achieved :)

Thanks,
Marika
kislany

Postby kislany » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:39 am

In the meantime I think I've figured it out. I need also webshosting, so I got myself Hostgator using the link provided by Lynn and her coupon. So I think now I'm all set... :lol: the fun shall begin :shock:
kislany

Postby robert adams » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:22 pm

go to your hostgator control panel ( cpanel I think ) and find the section that lets you install software of different kinds. ( ask hostgator support if you need to ).

find the OSCommerce shopping cart and click the button to install it.

Now you have one of the best shopping carts installed , ready to go.

now, you spend the time learning how to use your shoppoing cart. YOu have to upload your images of your jewelry, create your product listings, etc, etc.

Then, you have to promote your site and start making sales.

robert
robert adams
Elite Member

Postby altyfc » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:40 pm

An ebay or Yahoo shop is probably an easy way to make a start and test the water...
altyfc

Return to Domain Names & Web Hosting