[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Understanding SMO & Social Marketing • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Understanding SMO & Social Marketing

Social Marketing strategies: using Web 2.0 Social Media apps & services to gain traffic and exposure to your websites. Discussions on Digg, Facebook, Twitter, Pownce, StumbleUpon, MySpace & more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Alan Petersen

Understanding SMO & Social Marketing

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:00 am

For the last year or so I have been watching the Social Marketing or New Media trend from behind the scenes, and simply putting it off and continuing on with my work. I don’t want you to make that same mistake – if you’re not already heavily involved with Social Marketing then NOW is the time to do that.

You may be like me – thinking this is just one more thing you don’t have time for, or something that’s just going to be an addictive time suck instead of a productive marketing strategy. But done right, this is the key to becoming or staying successful in online business as the internet evolves – and it’s evolving as we speak.

For an extensive resource list of Social Media services, see this free guide by Michelle Macphearson:
:arrow: http://www.SocialMediaDaily.com

SMO stands for Social Media Optimization:

Social media optimization (SMO) is a set of methods for generating publicity through social media, online communities and community websites. Methods of SMO include adding RSS feeds, adding a "Digg This" button, blogging and incorporating third party community functionalities like Flickr photo slides and galleries or YouTube videos. Social media optimization is a form of search engine marketing.

Let the discussions begin ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Britopian » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:55 am

Britopian

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:00 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Paul Cooley » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:02 am

Hey Lynn!
That was a great webinar last week on Social Networking! Thank you for adding this section, it's been fun watching what life is like for Lynn Terry with Twitter! :)
Paul Cooley
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:16 am

Thank you Paul :D The archive is available in the private forum for . I've been following you on Twitter as well. Pretty fun!
Last edited by Lynn Terry on Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Social Networking

Postby warren211 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:51 pm

warren211

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:35 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby MommyEnterprises » Sun May 18, 2008 10:45 am

I am getting more involved in social marketing by the day it seems. I think it is addictive!
MommyEnterprises

Postby alita » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:10 am

alita

Wonderful Topic

Postby earn » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:36 am

Hi Lynn,

This is really a wonderful topic.Even I saw many people just doing the push work in Social marketing. I am happy that you have shared the nice and very useful thing.
earn

Social Marketing

Postby chastill » Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:02 pm

Social Bookmarking. What are the hows and whys of that?
chastill

Postby iyazam » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:40 am

iyazam

Postby stevecm59 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:55 pm

Does the Socialmediadaily.com link work? I've sent a couple requests to get the info, but haven't received the email yet anywhere. Or is it just that slow?
stevecm59

Postby stevecm59 » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:18 pm

Been a week, nobody know about the link or is it just old? Haven't received the information yet.
stevecm59

social networking

Postby kelvintoo » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:29 pm

well, i totally agree with you.
recently i just start blogging and other web 2.0 marketing.
i found that it really work and can generate a lot of links back to my website.

by the way, i hope we can learn from each others on this forum on social networking.

i will try to share my knowledge on SEO marketing via my online post below.

http://seotipshints.blogspot.com/

Thanks for this valuable article...
kelvintoo

Next

Return to SMO: Social Marketing & Social Media