[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - I use SiteBuildit.com! • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

I use SiteBuildit.com!

Discuss domain name registration, registrars, hosting companies, how-to's and anything else associated with domain names and web hosting.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood

I use SiteBuildit.com!

Postby iyazam » Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:59 am

I developed my website with SiteBuildit.com

Why did I choose Sitebuildit?

In the past 3 years I helped launch 4 websites that were created from scratch or with really cheap web hostings.

Starting from scratch with a web designer was a very painful process. The money, time and efforts that I put into getting the website up and running took all the spirit out of me when it came time for marketing.

Another main factor was the fact that I couldnt add content when I wanted to. I was depended on the Web designer. We all know that content is king and without that - you got nothing.

With really cheap web hosting - So yes, you can add content, as much as you want but when the site is down or when you have a problem... you are totally on your own!

Thats when I was convinced that Sitebuildit is the way to go!

1] They teach you how to build a profitable website step by step.

2] They have ongoing emails with tips and stratgies how to effectivly market your website.

3] The Sitebuildit community is very supportive.

You can read more about my choice to go with Sitebuildit here

PLEASE KEEP LINKS IN YOUR SIGNATURE
iyazam

Postby robert adams » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:24 pm

robert adams
Elite Member

Postby Marc Meole » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:05 am

Marc Meole

Postby johndilbeck » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:21 pm

I've developed dozens of websites, blogs, forums, lenses, and even a social networking community, and I still credit my success to Ken Evoy and Site Build It.

I have been programming in about a dozen computer languages for over 30 years and I was using the Internet way before there was a World Wide Web.

I have the knowledge, technical skills, experience, and bona fides to recognize what works and what doesn't, to evaluate good advice and bad.

I started making money when I read "Make Your Site Sell" and modified all my current websites, back around 2000 or so.

I've been an SBI subscriber for years and just renewed my subscription last week. It's not expensive hosting because I'll earn the total amount back in a couple of months, or less, and the rest of the year will be pure profit.

I use HostGator for several of my sites and it does what I want, but I still follow the principles I learned from Ken Evoy and the SBI action guide on those sites.

It all depends on what you mean by control. On some of my sites, I use extensive MySQL and PHP. On my SBI site, I don't need those features.

Over the years, my respect for Ken has grown and so has my recognition that sometimes simpler is better.

I've lost a few sites because of hackers and the scripts I was using. Even with good backups and restoring/rebuilding the sites, eventually it became more trouble than it was worth.

I've had not one single problem with my SBI site. I put up the content and it just works.

Different strokes, different folks. Your mileage may vary. Etc.

I'm a very happy SBI customer and affiliate.

In a free world, we can disagree and choose different ways to do what we want to accomplish.

Act on your dream!

JD
johndilbeck

Postby robert adams » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:17 pm

I have nothing against Ken and what he teaches about making money online.
I just have a problem with charging newbies a lot more than they should have to pay for services.

What does SBI ( the website building part ) offer you that you can not get from your normal hosting accounts ( you mentioned hostgator )?

If it takes you a couple of months to recover your investment, imagine if you did not have that investment, you would be in profit much sooner.

robert
robert adams
Elite Member

Postby johndilbeck » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:49 pm

Hi Robert,

I don't believe you can separate the webhosting part of SBI from all the rest of it.

Anyone can buy a cheap hosting account, but they don't get the training, additional tools, and most importantly, the support from fellow members that we get with SBI.

I won't try to convince anyone it's the way to go, but I know it works for me.

I like WordPress and blogging, so I have several blogs hosted on HostGator. I have a couple of very large static sites hosted there, too, and several smaller sites that I'm considering closing. I've done a lot of experimenting over the last five years and not all of it has succeeded as much as I want.

I disagree on your point about being in profit much sooner if I didn't have to pay what SBI charges.

Before I discovered SBI and learned how to build sites that attracted visitors who actually bought something, I was losing money every month. I knew how to build the sites, but I didn't know how to market properly.

Even now, I have a lot to learn about marketing, but I'm making the transition from propeller head to someone who tries his very best to recommend only top-of-the-line products and services to people.

Not all of us agree on what the best products and services are, so that leads to opportunities and competition.

I'm very happy to pay the $299 every year for all I get. Plus, I earn all that back relatively quickly from just my SBI site, which is about a topic I care about, not one that can be monetized easily.

That two months to recover my costs doesn't include what I'm earning from the other sites I've built based on what I've learned, so actual ROI is much faster.

I've recouped my investment in SBI many times over and it continues to grow.

It is also true that many of the SBI customers are not newbies. Many of us have built multiple sites before discovering SBI and adapting to what Ken teaches.

Except for my blogging sites, most of which I plan to close, as I refocus my marketing efforts, I can do all I want with SBI sites and plan to build more of them over the next few years on topics that are more lucrative than my present site.

I look at it this way. I want the best tools for my money. It's why I use Macs and not PCs.

If I have several sites that cost $300 each, and return 10 times that, or more, it's a good investment.

But, everyone is free to make his or her own choice.

Act on your dream!

JD
johndilbeck

Postby robert adams » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:43 pm

robert adams
Elite Member

Postby johndilbeck » Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:48 pm

johndilbeck

Postby robert adams » Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:11 pm

robert adams
Elite Member

Postby johndilbeck » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:18 am

Hi Robert,

(Mom's health deteriorated to the point that she had to be hospitalized last month and is now in a nursing home. I've been her sole caretaker for over six years. The guy at the door was from the local home health care service and picked up her hospital bed. Sigh.)

(That bummed me out so much that I didn't feel like continuing our conversation until this morning.)

I agree with you about the ebooks and other training. They are very good and they can, indeed, be used to create websites, lenses, blogs, etc., using any hosting service one prefers.

That's how I started. I used what I learned in "Make Your Site Sell" to rebuild JohnDilbeck.com and GeorgiaDragRacing.com. It was a big job at the time and JohnDilbeck.com needs to be rebuilt again, because of my change in focus.

Once I did what Ken suggested, I started making money, and both of those sites have been profitable for the last few years.

The same thing worked for other sites I've built.

(I've never really finished my SBI site, because I've been experimenting with what works - and what doesn't - on several dozen other sites, and now I know much more about what I want to do over the next few years. My experimentation phase is over and I'm entering my real marketing phase.)

(Even so, my SBI site, which is only partially finished, continues to be profitable. Even with only a small part of what I have planned for the site completed, it still gets about 7,000 visits per month and about 13,000 page views, and that's for a niche that isn't popular and is hard to define. I have no doubt that I can substantially increase those numbers over the coming year.)

Speaking of the free ebooks from Ken, you can even see the same Action Guide that SBI subscribers use, and follow the steps to build a site anywhere, but obviously it won't include all the tools that are included with SBI.

So, on many of these points, I agree with you.

However...

"If you take everything in those ( and others ) books and apply it using whatever hosting /autoresponder/etc. plan you have, it works just the same. "

I don't agree with that statement.

You can do equivalent things by putting all the pieces together, but it doesn't work the same.

With SBI, all those other pieces are handled, maintained, updated, and improved by the Sitesell techs and staff. I don't ever have to think about them. I just use them.

On all my other sites, I have to spend time working on all the tech stuff, and that takes me away from my actual marketing business. Even though I know how to do it, and have a lot of experience with it, it's still time that could be spent more profitably by marketing.

The more I build my other sites, the more I recognize how much time I've wasted over the last five or more years.

I don't mind wasting money - I can always get more money.

But, wasting time is totally different. Once it's gone, it's gone.

I plan to do a lot less time wasting over the next five years as compared to the last five.

I hate to say it this way, but I believe it's true...

If you haven't used SBI, you can't appreciate how the entire package works.

Now, is it the solution for everyone? Obviously not.

Does it cost more? Absolutely, but not as much as it seems when you compare the costs on a daily or monthly basis.

Does it live up to the promises? That's for each of us to decide.

I was a computer consultant for a couple of decades and I helped dozens of companies, ranging from sole proprietorships up to top-50 corporations, to analyze their needs, acquire technology and software, implement the solution, and train the users.

I know lots of business owners who want websites that produce results, and $299 per year is less than they may spend on one business dinner. They have the money, but they don't have the time.

Unless they have a requirement for a technology that doesn't really fit with SBI, I will recommend SBI to them.

On the other hand, I know lots of people who are strapped for cash, tied up in a job they dislike, and/or are looking for a way out of the rat race.

That's the group that has very little money to invest in their business. Some of them have lots of time, others have very little.

I believe that's the group of newbies you have talked about. You don't want to see anyone taking their hard-earned money. Right?

SBI costs $0.82 per day. Give up one coke or coffee or hamburger and it's paid for that day. That's not expensive.

HostGator costs $10 per month, or $25 per month if you have a reseller account, as I do. That comes out to $0.33 or $0.82 per day, respectively.

The difference in cost is only 50 cents per day, and I don't see that as an amount that bilks newbies.

I'd happily pay $1.00 per day just to have access to the Sitesell forums. Seriously. What I learn there is worth much more to me than that.

You can see for yourself, if you want. Become a 5 Pillar affiliate and you'll have access to the forum. You can participate in the affiliate boards, and read the others.

There really is a difference between building a site with regular hosting and building one with SBI.

Others disagree with me. That's okay.

If everyone saw things the way I do, I'd start thinking I was wrong.

;)

Act on your dream!

JD
johndilbeck

Postby robert adams » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:15 pm

robert adams
Elite Member

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:28 pm

Here you go, Robert: http://tools.sitesell.com

Ken and the crew keep adding more and more and not charging anything extra. THAT is exceptional value.

Tony
Oregon Coast Guy

Postby robert adams » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:55 pm

yes, I saw that page before. I did not see much that you can't find for free all over the net.

I agree that having it all in one place is great but I still say that if you want to use them on two sites, it will cost you $600 a year, three sites...$900 a year, etc.etc.

robert
robert adams
Elite Member

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:21 pm

Oregon Coast Guy

Return to Domain Names & Web Hosting