[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - How Much? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

How Much?

Discuss topics on MLM, Network Marketing, Direct Sales... Choosing a company, making sales and successful recruiting - online or off...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood, lindastacy

Do you make any money in MLM?

less than $100 a month
No votes
more than $100 a month
100%

Total votes : 3

How Much?

Postby robert adams » Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:41 pm

Ok I decided to move this to a topic of it's own.

I would like to know how many are actually making any money in MLM and if so, how much?

I think you would have a much better chance to recruiting people if you were to be honest about exactly how much money you were making. Not how much your upline "says" they are making , or how much you could make if you got 100 people to sign up.
robert adams
Elite Member

Postby Paul Cooley » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:16 am

Hi Robert,
This may be a little twist on things but, why is it any business of the prospects to know how much mony you make?

Most of the time, if not all of the time, how much you make in your business does not affect your down line at all. People ask the "how much do you make?" question because they want to know if they will be able to make money.

I don't tell anyone how much I make, because it's simply no one's business. I show my prospects that they can make money by showing them how, or telling them about my life. But never give them the $figures$

Hope that gives you a different take on things. If you have any questions, please feel free to get a hold of me.
Have a great day!
Paul Cooley
Elite Member

Postby robert adams » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:21 am

I agree with your point. It really isn't anyone's bussiness exactly how much you make. However, my point is that MLM always has and always will be about hype and unrealistic expectations. I have been involved in programs in the past and continue to study them.

The reality of the business is that only a very, very few people ever make even $100 a month in their MLM business.

The "pitch" is always how much money you can make by recruiting others into the plan.

The truth is, that is if you make money from recruiting, then it is illegal. The only way to truly make money in MLM is like any other business, you have to sell product and that takes work.

In most MLM companies this is even harder because the products are usually overpriced so that there is room for all the payouts, etc.

OK, back to the point , don't tell me how much you make. Do you make enough to support you and your family? How many are in your downline?
etc.

I guess my point here is that MLM needs to be more realistic. It tends to make people think they can get rich with little work and without sales.
Then, people start spending thier money on the monthly requirements and wind up losing money instead of making any.

robert
robert adams
Elite Member

Postby Paul Cooley » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:15 pm

I know for me, I focus on showing people ways to generate leads fast. When I start showing them how to succeed, it takes of focus off of how much I make and positions me more of a leader than a recruiter.

I do have a cool testimony of how I generated a down line of over a 1000 people in less than two months using the Internet. But not everyone is going to have that story, that's why I teach my down line to more or less control the conversation, not in a rude way, but a way where they aren't caught off guard with weird questions.

Another thought:

I guess this is another reason why it's smart to sign up other networkers, people who already have a respect and an understanding for the Industry. Most of them wont ask how much you are your up line is making. I don't know how much my up line makes and I don't care. It's not relevant to how much I make. The most I will tell people is, I make enough to live and raise my family.

I agree with you about how many get started and then lose money. I believe most of that comes down to lack of business smarts. I don't mean that in a bad way, but most of us spend more than what me make and expect to succeed. Kinda weird :wink:

I'm currently working on a mini coarse to help people with just that.

Alright, that's enough rambling for me. Have a great day.
Paul Cooley
Elite Member

Postby robert adams » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:24 pm

robert adams
Elite Member

Postby Paul Cooley » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:20 pm

I agree, there are many MLMers that take things too far. But I will say there is a new breed of MLMer that are taking the Industry to a whole new level. They sell the steak and not the sizzel.

It's all about taking your business as a business and not a hobby.
Paul Cooley
Elite Member

Postby captkirk » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:59 pm

Hi Robert,

I agree with Robert 100%!

I make over 100.00+ per month and have a large downline, but I feel that the amount of money that I make is personal.

I prefer to promote programs that have a step by step plan for the members to follow.

The main goal for any new members is to let as many people know about the program that they promote.

The KEY is to Promote, Promote, and Promote... :D
captkirk

Postby robert adams » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:14 pm

robert adams
Elite Member

Postby Elysium » Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:50 pm

Some people may also be hesitant to discuss income because it may go against company policy.

The company I'm with is pretty stern about affiliates not mentioning income publicly, or even 'hinting' that you'll bring in the big bucks (by using background pictures showing expensive cars and fancy homes). Because it's not typical of the average affiliate, and any false or misleading statements can get a good company shut down pretty quick by the FTC. Instead, we all just focus on the quality and uniqueness of the product.

I've learned that with any company, every individual is very different, so I don't look at any one persons income, but instead figure the more I put into it, the more chance of growth.

Plus an important factor seems to be sticking with it.... Many people don't earn much per month because they keep restarting and trying other things when they don't bring in a ton of money during the first couple of months. Too many people give up too soon.
Elysium

Return to Network Marketing - Direct Sales Success