[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Don't be shy! Tell me what you think :) • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Don't be shy! Tell me what you think :)

Love it? Hate it? Have an idea to share? Let me know what you'd like to see in the newsletter, on the site and in the forum! I'm all ears ;)

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Don't be shy! Tell me what you think :)

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Apr 10, 2003 1:46 pm

This site is for YOU and I welcome any comments and suggestions! Would you like to see a specific topic added to the forum? Have suggestions for the website (www.SelfStartersWeeklyTips.com)? Whatever your thoughts are, feel free to share them here!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Yeah, I got one...

Postby WAHumor » Wed Apr 16, 2003 12:02 pm

I think you should have that WAHumor guy on a lot more. Maybe make him a regular. He might consider it if you offered a ridiculously huge retainer fee...

Just a thought.

I like everything here!

Name Withheld By Request

Dan Reinhold
Editor, WAHumor
Work at home? You deserve a laugh!
Send something WAHumorous to Dan@WAHumor.com
Last edited by WAHumor on Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WAHumor
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Apr 16, 2003 12:25 pm

LOL Dan, You're too much!

Thank you for putting a lighter spin on the work-day :D

I definitely welcome your posts!! Hop into the Internet Marketing topic and fill us in on what you are doing to promote your newsletter... Newsletter Promotion is a hot topic on my list lately!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby JerryShown » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:47 pm

One thing I would like changed, not a big deal but would help old goats like me. I think the scroll bar needs a color change so these old eyes can see it he he.
JerryShown

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Dec 09, 2006 12:56 am

I have to agree, it is very light - especially on my new monitors! Let me see what I can do...
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Since I discovered this forum

Postby kowhai » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:32 am

kowhai

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:36 am

Thank you, Anthony!

What can I do to help you make those sales? Perhaps you can set a goal in the Quest for Success category and we can brainstorm some creative marketing tactics... or just let us know what questions/ideas you have!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Thanks for that

Postby kowhai » Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:00 pm

I will put it in the brainstorming place and see what we can come up with.

Anthony
kowhai

Postby auntiej » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:46 pm

I would like to see a site giving simple explanations for virtual dummies like me. I want to be more involved in the forums but think I will sound like an idiot. :oops:
auntiej

Postby robert adams » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:06 pm

robert adams
Elite Member

shy

Postby auntiej » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:33 pm

Well like i have been making some replys to post but would like to get involved in starting new topics. However everyone here seems pretty tech. and i dont feel like i know what topic to apply here. :?
auntiej

Postby robert adams » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:38 pm

robert adams
Elite Member

Postby Publisher-For-You » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:54 pm

Hmm....

I'm not sure I have a good suggestion for this forum Lynn, as everyone seems happy, and why fix it if it ain't broken.

Here's a wish list for forums in general. The future of Web 2.0?

First, the site owner should have a clear vision of what kind of material they wish to publish. If we don't know where we're trying to go, we're unlikely to get there.

Then...

1) Reward the "good" posters, ie. posters who further the goals of the site.

Dofollow links at least. Signatures approved per poster, after poster has reached some target goal. Perhaps some kind of more prominent placement for that handful of better than average posters who keep the site on the right track. Pats on the head, why not? :-) Identify the best posters, reward them somehow, and make sure they know they are being appreciated.

2) Dump the junk posters. Again, "junk posters" have to be defined within the context of the goals of a site.

The main thing here is that if a site wants to keep quality up, moderators have to read the posts BEFORE they are published, and decline those posts that don't meet some standard.

Question: Would we buy and read a magazine that published any article _anybody_ submitted? Probably not. So why do it on the web?

Webmaster forums are about the publishing business. They can perhaps be most instructive by setting a quality standard, and by presenting posters with a writing challenge, a chance to grow, something to reach for and accomplish.

Old timers will recall The I-Sales Digest. That's an example for those who were there. You had an opportunity to share your thoughts with industry leaders, but one's lesser efforts didn't make the cut.

If you wanted to be heard there, you had to dig deeper, and reach higher.

In a media marketplace that is literally flooded with a tidal wave of options for readers, that's a good habit to get in to, eh?
Publisher-For-You

Postby robert adams » Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:38 pm

nothing wrong with any of those ideas.

however, remember that unless your board is for children, there is no need to make it like kindergarten.

set your rules, enforce them.

if you treat people like adults, in general, they will act like adults or they will go away to somewhere that will allow them to act like children.

If you set your boards up where you have to adhere to some higher standard before your posts can be shown, then why would anyone come by to post?

Of course, every board owner gets to decide what is and is not acceptable on their board.

Likewise, every board viewer gets to decide whether they want to be a member of that community or not.

It all works out in the end.

Hey, life is to short to be miserable.

Worrying about things that don't really matter makes you miserable.

robert
robert adams
Elite Member

Postby Publisher-For-You » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:06 pm

Hey Robert, always nice to chat with you.

Hmm. I didn't really have kindergarten in mind, but a business meeting.

Not treating visitors like children, treating them like folks who have chosen to make publishing in text their business.

Such a forum might have a newbie corner where the rules are relaxed. Newbies might not be permitted to post beyond this room until they have shown they are willing to write thoughtful articulate posts (which could be questions) that at least attempt reasonable standards of grammar and spelling etc.

If someone truly can't, or won't, write at this basic level, perhaps the forum serves them best by discouraging them from this business?

Dunno. Just an idea, that's all. My sense is the initial thrill of Web 2.0 is wearing off, and that readers will increasingly tire of reading one liners from strangers.
Publisher-For-You

Next

Return to Feedback & Suggestions