[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Wordpress Hosted Blog: Not what I expected • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Wordpress Hosted Blog: Not what I expected

All about blogging, bloggers, how to blog, platforms and themes and templates, blog promotion, working with RSS feeds, and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises, Mike Paul

Wordpress Hosted Blog: Not what I expected

Postby stevecm59 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:05 pm

Well, without getting into my blog personally, I've got it hosted and even started putting some posts up and even the usual About Me section. I was already to do some links and even email some other co-bloggers about it. Then I checked my links and when I clicked on them, I got the "404 Not Found" error when I clicked on a page or a post.

Wow, that's not good is it. I assume it has to do with my permalink structure.

And when I go to change the structure, wordpress tells me about changing my ht access file. Ok, fine, I understand where to do that, but where exactly do you paste that little file they give you?

Almost makes me want to go back to blogger or wordpress.com...well, not that bad yet, but this hosted way is very challenging, more so since my blog doesn't seem to have coherent links people can click on and see or link to.

Am I missing basic blog stuff here?
stevecm59

Postby Kit Singleton » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:05 am

Use your cpanel or ftp program to go to the folder where you installed wordpress. You should find the .htaccess file there.
Kit Singleton

Postby stevecm59 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:54 am

stevecm59

Postby MommyEnterprises » Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:44 pm

MommyEnterprises

Postby Kit Singleton » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:19 am

Wooohooo! Glad it's working. :D
Kit Singleton

Postby stevecm59 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:08 pm

Now if I can only put together a blog I like. Is it wrong to paste parts of code from templates into your own?
stevecm59

Postby robert adams » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:05 am

robert adams
Elite Member

Return to Blogs, Bloggers & Blogging