[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - I Am A Giant Squid! • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

I Am A Giant Squid!

Show Off Your Success! Post your Work-at-Home or Online Business Success Story. From small achievements to life-changing success, we'd love to hear your story...

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

I Am A Giant Squid!

Postby MommyEnterprises » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:02 pm

I have achieved the rank of Giant Squid on Squidoo.

For those that don't know, you have to have at least 50 quality lens on Squidoo to obtain this!

I am excited!!

View my lens: http://www.squidoo.com/lensmasters/mommyenterprises

MommyEnterprises

Postby shannonsmith » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:32 pm

Woo hoo! I know how hard you worked for that goal. That's awesome, and I'm very happy for you!
shannonsmith

Postby MommyEnterprises » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:44 pm

Thanks Shannon!
MommyEnterprises

Postby Kurt Henninger » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:52 am

Congrats Stefani. That is quite an accomplishment. I like using Squidoo as well, but prefer to do longer, more details squids than shorter, more frequent ones.

Congrats none the less!
Kurt Henninger

Postby KansasDragon » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:56 am

Congratulations. Great accomplishment.

Just took a quick look, wow, you have a lot of great topics.
KansasDragon

Postby MommyEnterprises » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:44 pm

MommyEnterprises

Postby johndilbeck » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:40 am

Congratulations, Stefani!

I remember how weird I felt the first time I told someone I was a Giant Squid and all I got back was a blank stare.

I know how hard you've worked to achieve this.

Act on your dream!

JD
johndilbeck

Postby Al Smith » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:11 pm

Al Smith
Elite Member

Postby MommyEnterprises » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:35 am

Thanks everyone!
MommyEnterprises

Postby redspace » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:00 am

Congratulation Stefani Partin. That is great accomplishment. Wish you reach your 200 lens before the end of the year. I also love making lens. You don't need to know much about html to show your whatever expertise on the Net. And it is fun while doing it. 8)
redspace

Squidoo is great!

Postby createyourdream » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:17 am

createyourdream
Elite Member

Postby steve0 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:50 pm

steve0

Postby johndilbeck » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:41 am

Hi Mary,

I just now had a chance to look at your bathroom remodeling lens. You've done a pretty good job.

On first glance, I'd recommend moving the guest book module to the bottom of the lens. It's more-or-less a convention on the best ranking lenses. Some people have started to put links to their other lenses that are about a different topic below the guest book.

I think most active Squidoo lensmasters may ignore anything you put below the guest book.

I can't offer any advice on monetizing the lens. Remodeling anything is outside my skill set and interest. (They don't let me touch sharp objects or have hammers inside the house.)

As far as structuring your lenses, perhaps you can build a Create Your Dream House lens as the overall "home page" and then add lenses for each room or other major topic such as dealing with sub-contractors, bloopers, and the other topics you mention.

In effect the Create Your Dream House (or Home) could serve as a lensography for the others. You can use the featured lenses module (search A-Z to find it) to link to the other lenses you create.

I wouldn't just keep adding modules to one lens.

How-To and Education is a good category for your lens.

Act on your dream!

JD
johndilbeck

Postby ConnieFoggles » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:06 pm

Congratulations Stephani! That is a big accomplishment.

Do you have any suggestions on how to learn to monetize your lenses. I don't have time to comment on lenses to get traffic to them, so looking for more of a passive income source.
ConnieFoggles
Elite Member

Postby dmclean » Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:52 pm

Congratulations on that! How long did it take to get 50? How effective is Squidoo. What kind of success have you had with Squidoo?

I just completed my first lens on Squidoo yesterday. If it not too much of a bother, I was wondering if you would check it out and possibly give me some pointers. The link is in my signature below.

Cheers,
dmclean

Next

Return to Success Stories