[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - If you knew you could not fail...what would you do??? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

If you knew you could not fail...what would you do???

Positive mindset, success-oriented thinking, a place for 'thinking outside the box', brainstorming & goal achievement... Post your online business goals and your brainstorming threads here.

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, shortstack

Postby spadespin » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:19 am

That is an awesome strategy there Mr. Dragon, thanks a tonne for sharing your perspective....

Postby queenofkaos » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:25 pm

queenofkaos
Elite Member

Postby shortstack » Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:44 am

Hi Jan,

I'm right there with you! :)

You might want to practice doing visualizations twice a day. That is--picture yourself living in that beach house with high speed internet in as much detail as possible.

For example: See yourself going making your morning coffee, then walking out to the balcony to enjoy the beautiful view and ocean air. Sip your steaming coffee and enjoy the sensation of the early morning sun coupled with that lovely ocean breeze. Hear the seagulls. Now go back inside and picture yourself happily working away on your awesome computer making huge deals and sales while your loved ones slowly wake up one by one and come down to greet you. Feel how happy you are living in your dream house. Picture happily working from your beautiful office that looks out onto the ocean. Keep going now--you know what details to add. ;)

Visualization is fun! It's feels like Christmas Eve and it really works! Don't forget to back up your visualizations with action goals that have deadlines.

Wayne Dyer says-- "If you think you can or you think you can't, either way, you're right."

Tony Robbins suggests doing the visualizations in as much detail as possible, using all your senses, and to do them twice a day. Create a burning obsession backed up by massive action, and then sit back and watch what happens.

Keep up the great work Jan! Focus, focus, focus! (And relax and have fun on the weekends--very important, too.) Best of everything to you -maybe some day we'll meet and enjoy a sunset together on that beautiful beach!

:) Lisa
shortstack
Elite Member

Postby queenofkaos » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:01 am

Thanks Lisa, what a beautiful way to start the day, very nice visualization you did, I'm printing it out!

I'm working on changing my blog themes finally today, ran into some snags, it's nice to be keeping the beach house in mind while I'm doing it, seems to add a little zing :0)

It's one of those fantastic mornings here already, so it's not hard to imagine beauty all around me, it already is.

When I get my beach house, I will be having a beach party house warming for sure!

Thanks again, what a shining light you are.
queenofkaos
Elite Member

Postby KansasDragon » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:19 am

Lisa,

I just looked at your blog, very cool, very good thoughts. You just joined Lynn Terry, Joe Vitale, Jack Canfield, and Dan Kennedy in my Google Reader list, and that's some really sweet company to be keeping...

Looking forward to your future posts.
KansasDragon

Postby shortstack » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:38 am

Alright Jan!

Keep up the great work my friend and congratulations on meeting those snags head on. You will overcome them, I'm rooting for ya!

Enjoy your beautiful morning!

"Give thanks for the answer to your prayer before you see it." -the Bible

shortstack
Elite Member

Postby shortstack » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:43 am

Dear Barry and Ann,

I am truly humbled and appreciate your very kind words. I happen to like your posts very much as well, by the way. Your can-do attitude is both inspiring and contagious. Please keep posting--it truly benefits all of us!

shortstack
Elite Member

Postby skyjoe76 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:37 pm

A fantastic question to ask! Definitely something to ponder on. For me:

1. To start my public seminars. Have been doing for schools and corporate, no courage to do public seminars yet.

2. To travel to exotic places like egypt, nepal, india etc

3. To invest in another 8 companies in the stock market.

4. Starting a school for the 3rd world country and do away with test and exams.
skyjoe76

Postby shortstack » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:50 am

[quote="skyjoe76"] no courage to do public seminars yet.

Hi there skyjoe,

Love your goals! You have a big humanitarian heart! :)

There is nothing you cannot do. Fear is an illusion, it is just a thought. I know that reads easy and yet is difficult. I have let my fears overtake me for a years--the result? Staying stuck, settling, and wishing desperately on the inside that things would change--for me, a miserable experience.

This is what I have learned about FEAR. I can:
Forget
Everything
And
Run or:

Face
Everything
And
Receive

You already have done seminars in schools and businesses. That took great courage. You are no longer afraid because you took that first step--you faced whatever fears you had. I am suggesting that public seminars are no different. You are merely turning the thought of one into a monstrosity in your head--thus, the fear factor.

What if...only ten people show up; What if...people walk out; What if...my seminar stinks. The what if's get so big in my head, I become paralyzed in a sense. But the result is, I feel bad on the inside, because public seminars are really what I want to do.

I was taught to feel the fear and do it anyways. It always goes away. It has to. It is only a phantom in my mind and yours too :) !

If public seminars are what you want to do, make and action plan of steps to get you there. Do it in baby steps if you have to, but do it! You will not regret it!

I'm rooting for you!

shortstack
Elite Member

Postby alexc » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:14 pm

Odd. See I already know I can't fail :) So what do I do knowing that I can't fail? I live life like every second counts and love it for what it is.

I spend time with those I care about.

I build an empire bit by bit and turn away invaders who would seek to topple me. Because I cannot fail, I always succeed. No one impedes my goals.

Since I cannot fail I have no need to plan my goals, I simply accomplish them as they arise. I plan and strategize over what I want to do and then I do it.

The catch here is that I always work my hardest and plan my best in order to avoid the pitfalls that others have faced. I refuse to set myself up for filure, and because of that I always succeed. :)

There is no such thing as failure, only the wrong way to do the right thing. Thomas Edison claimed that he discovered 10,000 ways to not invent the light bulb, and only one way to do so. He didn't fail 10,000 times though.
alexc

Postby shortstack » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:36 pm

alexc,

You are a man with vision! Thank you for sharing your awesome mindset!

shortstack
Elite Member

Postby DonDare » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:13 am

I think this is the wrong question.

I mean, someday, somehow, we must learn that failure is good (as the way we define it) or redefine it that failure is simply not trying. (actually, start now, someday = now)

Although this is a good question that raises your hidden dreams, still what about the opposite effect? Sure I can do that but what if I fail....
WARNING! FEAR OF FAILURE TRIGGERED!

Anyway, good thread ;)
DonDare

Postby shortstack » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:05 am

Hey DonDare,

Thanks for the input and sharing your perspective.

It is not the wrong question for me because I needed to investigate and explore my true passions. And then learn that I could see them to fruition.

I spent 20 years in a profession that was wrong for me in every sense. I spend thousands on my education and earned advanced degrees. I stayed because of the paycheck and so called "security" but in truth, I was punching a clock. If I had an extended illness or a family emergency, I was in deep doo-doo.

In the end I learned more from what I didn't learn in college. I learned that I truly wasn't valued, management always believed I was overpaid, I was replaceable in a nanosecond, and no matter now hard I worked, it was never good enough for the suits. Have you heard the term "learned helplessness"? Well that was me, much like a zoo animal, at the mercy of my employer.

So I did some serious soul-searching. I needed to learn that my dreams and passions are all within my reach, as long as I did the necessary work. I needed to learn that I am worthy of a great life! Guess what, we all are! Isn't that great?

What they teach in school is not always true. At least for me. I can love what I do (like now) and get paid for it. If I have the flu, I can still make money and not have to worry that I am using up my sick time. I never knew life could be like that.

The question is meant to help others think outside the box. I thank God that I finally did. I am now creating and living the life I was meant to live.

And I didn't just quit my day job. I worked like mad and earned my way out. I work hard every day, but now I love my boss (me!). Ain't nothing wrong with that. :)

Thanks again--you opened my think tank! All the best to you,
shortstack
Elite Member

Postby DonDare » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:10 am

WOW, sorry to hear that shortstack, you worked 20 years a job you didn't like and my age is not still that number..truly wow.

Btw, I also agree with you about the educational system, I think that you'll want to read John Taylor Gatto point of view about the educational system, he was a schoolteacher over 30 years and got a few New York City and New York State teacher of the year awards. Just google John Taylor Gatto and you'll find out more.

My point of view on this is that robotic things that human do will soon become replaceable with robots and automated, so more and more jobs that require human creativity, managing with human resources and human awareness will be needed.
DonDare

Postby shortstack » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:51 am

Hey there,

Thanks for contributing to the thread. As a moderator, I think it's getting too far off topic. I want to stick to shares on "If you knew you could not fail, what would you do?" The purpose is to hopefully help others avoid what I explained that I put off for far too long--i.e., dreaming big and following through! :wink:

Thanks for the recommendations, and for understanding about staying on topic. If you want to start another thread, feel free to do so. Also, you can pm me anytime.

Lisa :)
shortstack
Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to Quest for Success! Brainstorming & Goal Achievement