[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - If you knew you could not fail...what would you do??? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

If you knew you could not fail...what would you do???

Positive mindset, success-oriented thinking, a place for 'thinking outside the box', brainstorming & goal achievement... Post your online business goals and your brainstorming threads here.

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, shortstack

If you knew you could not fail...what would you do???

Postby shortstack » Thu May 22, 2008 3:37 pm

Let's start a great thread! :D

What would you do if you KNEW you COULD NOT fail??

What huge personal , financial, or business goals would you set if you knew you would meet and exceed them beyond your wildest dreams??

Goals are merely dreams with deadlines! We all have them! What are yours?

Here are five of mine:

1. Rock my first trade show--get tons of new orders, exposure, and network opportunities--November 2008

2. Launch my newest website--June 15, 2008

3. Launch 3rd website--September 2008

4. Purchase my dream car--December 2008

5. Advance my charitable cause (earth/ ocean clean up) hugely-- July, 2008

Ok--your turn now! What would you do if you know you could not fail?

Lisa :D
shortstack
Elite Member

Here's a little something to think about...

Postby shortstack » Thu May 22, 2008 7:11 pm

http://blessingsofabundance.blogspot.co ... -left.html

Please don't put your dreams on hold! Time waits for no one!

Lisa :wink:
shortstack
Elite Member

Postby Al Smith » Thu May 22, 2008 7:46 pm

Hi Lisa,

Great questions!

Seeing as how I fail more than I succeed, I'd have to say that I have lost my fear of failure and fear of what others think, so my goals are free of all that.

But . . . if you had asked me that question about 15 years ago, my answer probably would have been very different. Fear drove me in those days.

Today, I count failures as necessary to success, and I learn from all of them. They don't have the same meaning or power over me as they used to.

(Sometimes I wish I could learn the lessons from other's failures, but alas, I can be stubborn and pig headed about taking advice from those who have gone before me. I don't know. maybe it's a "macho" thing, sigh . . .)

My top 5 goals this year consist of:

1. Drop a further 60 lbs (transition to daily healthy foods)

2. Run 3 more 10K courses (daily training)

3. Bring business revenues up another $200,000

4. Take 4 separate weeks off and travel BC (this one is new)

5. Retire from brick and mortar business to a "briefcase" business through internet info product distribution and affiliate program sales

By Dec 31, 2008 I will have achieved all the above. (Ouch! That pretty well puts it out there. Now I've done it, I'm committed . . . Yikes!)

Al Smith
Al Smith
Elite Member

Postby shortstack » Fri May 23, 2008 8:06 am

Al, you're a goal- setting pro! Those are AWESOME goals. Woo-hoo--good for you!!

I love it when you say you've lost your fear of failure, and fear of what others think! That in itself is huge--it frees you up mentally to dream BIG and then just go for it!

And I agree with you about learning from failures. I have failed hugely in just about every area of my life. Then I learned how to change my mindset (from victim to victor), set goals, take action, and little by little, I learned how to succeed! I have to say, when I played victim it was in large part due to being fear-based.

I love your goals, because all areas of your life are included: personal, business, financial, and pleasure. This to me is balance--it can't all be about money for example.

And btw, I suggest you stop being so hard on yourself, Mr.Marathon! Try giving Al some much deserved pats on the back! You have achieved and are continuing to achieve great things!

Onwards and upwards to you!

:) Lisa
shortstack
Elite Member

Postby shortstack » Fri May 23, 2008 8:07 am

OK now--who's next: What would you do if you KNEW you could not fail?

Please don't be shy! We can help each other!
shortstack
Elite Member

Postby queenofkaos » Tue May 27, 2008 5:10 am

queenofkaos
Elite Member

Postby shortstack » Tue May 27, 2008 7:52 am

Awesome Jan!

I love your last goal:
- to maintain a positive/Can Do attitude and continue to hit all of my minor goals on a daily basis resulting in massive forward action - ongoing YES!! :D

Small success leads to big success!!

If YOU believe you can, you CAN! And it sure sounds like you already know this, my friend!

Good for you! Here's to your continued success in all your endeavors!

shortstack
Elite Member

Postby shortstack » Fri May 30, 2008 7:51 pm

So every one of you has achieved your personal and business goals beyond your wildest dreams? That is amazing. :wink:

OK, now I'm serious--who's next: What would you go for if you KNEW you could not fail?

I posted this thread to help beginners and procrastinators and accomplished entrepreneurs alike. I posted this because 3 years ago if someone was offering to give me a mental kick in the arse it would have helped, particularly during the down times.

So I guess I'll finish on this truism: If you think you can, or if you think you can't, either way, you're right. Believe in yourself! Live your dreams! And dream big!

shortstack
Elite Member

you learn when you fail

Postby alita » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:37 am

well i believer failing provides you a platform to learn more and polishes you further. Well if i could do something if i knew i could not fail i would have set up a huge fashion house under my own label and would hace accomadted the rest of the designers as well. This design house would have been a multinational one with branches all around the globe.
alita

you learn when you fail

Postby alita » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:37 am

well i believer failing provides you a platform to learn more and polishes you further. Well if i could do something if i knew i could not fail i would have set up a huge fashion house under my own label and would hace accomadted the rest of the designers as well. This design house would have been a multinational one with branches all around the globe.
alita

Postby shortstack » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:17 am

shortstack
Elite Member

Postby altyfc » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:28 am

altyfc

Postby shortstack » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:10 am

shortstack
Elite Member

Postby KansasDragon » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:39 pm

If I could not fail...

I would live in the Philippines, working from a 4 bedroom home, with my wife Ann, and our 2 kids (hope those are coming soon.), working from my laptop computer researching topics that interest me, creating, finding, sharing, and marketing great materials that benefit other people, creating an income for us in excess of $250,000/year.

We would be spending an amazing amount of time in the beach resorts of the Philippines, enjoying the fun. I'd be spending a few hours a day, keeping the business clicking, the income rolling in.

Traveling back to the USA 2 to 3 times a year to visit family and have fun, attend seminars, etc.

I'd have a great exercise room, with a good weight machine, treadmill, and exercise bike, and I would look and feel awesome.

That's a good start to the vision..

Now, I need to rephrase all of that into a group of affirmations, visualizations, and make it happen.
KansasDragon

Postby shortstack » Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:32 am

I love it!! Your vision is detailed and compelling. Now just add some time lines to your goals so you can work towards them with massive positive action! You got it Barry--your last line is the clincher:

'affirmations, visualizations, and make it happen.'

You have the formula my friend. Now what are you waiting for? Remember, life isn't a dress rehearsal. Chop chop!

shortstack
Elite Member

Next

Return to Quest for Success! Brainstorming & Goal Achievement