[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Article marketing....how to make it work? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Article marketing....how to make it work?

Promoting websites, online advertising, press releases... In this category, you'll find everything about marketing, exposure & publicity for your online ventures.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Michelle Waters

Article marketing....how to make it work?

Postby jimmychuang » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:46 am

jimmychuang

Postby tess47 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:14 am

Hi Jimmy!

I don't know exactly what you did in your articles, but did you use keywords that you used for your site?

It's very important to use your sites keywords correctly in the articles you submit. Here are some key places to use them in your article:

Title - Use your main keywords in the title of your article

Top - Also make sure to use your keyword in the first paragraph

Body - Try to sprinkle your keywords throughout the body of your article - don't keyword spam, though!

End- I always try to use the keyword at the VERY END of my article as well. I don't know if this makes any difference, but I read that on your site you should have your keyword at the very bottom right of your page, so I use that theory with articles also.

Author Box - Create a great statement about your business here, along with a link to your site.

Also, submit your articles to GREAT sites that have high page rank such as Ezinearticles and Article Dashboard. I also like GoArticles, Searchwarp and Amazines.

Be patient - it took me about three months to get my home decor site ranked, and I was submitting 3 or 4 articles to about 10 directories every week! Work smart and keep a good attitude - it will work!

I hope this helps!
tess47

Postby Bonnie Lowe » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:45 am

Excellent tips from Tess.

But here's the reality regarding human visitors to your site (vs. SEO benefits): Traffic from articles is not automatic.

The articles have to offer quality content that makes the reader want to see more of your stuff. And it needs to be well-written to give the perception that you're an expert in your niche.

If you post a link to one of your articles, maybe we can see if there's something you can improve?
Bonnie Lowe

Postby jimmychuang » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:25 am

Here is one of my article:

http://www.articlesbase.com/marketing-a ... 67548.html

I have another question, if I submit the same article to 50 article directories, what will happen?
jimmychuang

Postby JosephRatliff » Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:09 am

Also Jimmy...

13 articles really isn't going to have a huge impact...

Put a plan in place to produce 50 articles or more and submit them...following the guidelines written by Tess.

Keep writing man. Don't give up.
JosephRatliff
Elite Member

Postby greenstacks.com » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:54 pm

The other thing that i do is follow this format:
1. WRite the article
2. Next day submit to only wire
3. Wait 48 hrs and then submit to major article directories.

That is what I do and I am getting alot of backlinks to my articles...

Hope this helps ...and of course incorporate the great key word advice listed above!
greenstacks.com

Postby TorontoCarol » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:59 pm

One idea I heard that I thought was a great tip:
End your article with a note of suspense, as though it were part one of two parts. Then in the bio at the end of the article, mention that part two is available on your site, with a link to it.

Have articles one and two on your site, for visitors who came directly and would otherwise have no idea what part two was about.
TorontoCarol
Elite Member

Postby tess47 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:52 pm

Hey Carol - that tip is wonderful!

Can't believe I haven't thought of that - but my brain is already so full it doesn't have room for another thought :wink:

I will have to try that out - I LOVE writing articles!

Thanks for the idea
tess47

Postby miriampotter » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:55 am

Hello

Some excellent tips thank you.
miriampotter

Postby greenstacks.com » Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:49 am

What a great idea to end your article with suspense and then perhaps make it two parts. I am off to try that this week!

Thanks thanks thanks
greenstacks.com

Postby greenstacks.com » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:48 pm

greenstacks.com

Postby Michelle Waters » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:56 am

Michelle Waters
Elite Member

Article Marketing

Postby earn » Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:19 am

Its the best SEO technique to get fast and quality back links which will drive your web site to get huge traffic. For this the main thing you have to do it choose accurate and targeted Keywords for your web site. Your description must be related to keywords.Some popular article sites are

Articlebase.com
ezinearticles.com
articlecrash.com

http://www.workathomegoldrush.com/
earn

Re: Article marketing....how to make it work?

Postby alita » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:18 am

alita

Postby travelingnani1 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:13 pm

Articles definitely help, be patient.
travelingnani1

Next

Return to Online Marketing & Publicity