[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - How To "Disguise" Your Copywriting • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

How To "Disguise" Your Copywriting

Compel your visitors to Take Action! What to say, how to say it, formatting and more... Join us here to discuss writing sales letters, general copywriting, and which words work the best!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Bensettle

How To "Disguise" Your Copywriting

Postby Bensettle » Tue May 20, 2008 8:40 am

A friend recently sent me this example of an ad that is not only extremely persuasive, but looks, feels and reads just like a real news article.

No big red headline at the top screaming "I'm an ad!" No fancy turn of phrases. No hype-filled sentences with multiple exclamation points.

Just a solid piece of copywriting that slips right past the "bs detector" and hooks you right in. A perfect example of an ad that looks more like an interesting, fact-filled article than a blatant (i.e. easily ignored) sales pitch:

Ben
Bensettle

Postby JosephRatliff » Wed May 21, 2008 11:46 am

JosephRatliff
Elite Member

Postby Bensettle » Wed May 21, 2008 12:40 pm

Bensettle

Disguising Copy

Postby RayEdwards » Wed May 21, 2008 3:30 pm

I like to disguise my copy with a mustache and some white shoepolish on the temples, Paulie Walnuts style.

Works every time.

(Sorry, Ben, but you invited me. You got nobody to blame but yourself).
RayEdwards

Postby JosephRatliff » Wed May 21, 2008 3:51 pm

And Ray too!

The triple copywriting threat...wow.

Welcome Ray! 8)
JosephRatliff
Elite Member

Postby Bensettle » Wed May 21, 2008 4:39 pm

Bensettle

Fellow Washingtonian

Postby RayEdwards » Wed May 21, 2008 5:44 pm

RayEdwards

oh boy

Postby Bensettle » Wed May 21, 2008 5:49 pm

Bensettle

Postby JosephRatliff » Wed May 21, 2008 6:37 pm

@ Ray - I dunno...ahhh what the heck, lets give em an offer they can't refuse. lol

@ Ben - Nah, nah, bring em, bring all the "smart arses" you got Ben....and let's have some fun :D
JosephRatliff
Elite Member

Postby RyanHealy » Thu May 22, 2008 10:50 am

You know, Ben, I actually modeled that letter for another letter I wrote.

I discovered it through a Gary Halbert letter that I was studying. Turns out,
Gary actually swiped a lot of the DrNatura letter for his own!

I figured, if it's good enough for Gary to swipe, it's good enough for me.

So I can vouch that it's a great letter. The letter I derived from it converted
like gangbusters.

Ryan
RyanHealy

Postby Bensettle » Thu May 22, 2008 12:13 pm

Hey Ryan, do you mean that one "secret of the oldest man" letter? Did Gary swipe that one from Doc Natura?

Ben
Bensettle

Postby RyanHealy » Thu May 22, 2008 12:53 pm

Yep, that's the one.

As far as I can tell, Gary swiped the Dr Natura letter in part. Of course, he
added a bunch of his own stuff, so his letter is quite different from Dr
Natura's.

Ryan
RyanHealy

Postby JosephRatliff » Thu May 22, 2008 4:08 pm

Hey Ben!

Looks like you found one of those "smart-arse" copywriters you were talking about... :D
JosephRatliff
Elite Member

Postby RyanHealy » Thu May 22, 2008 4:10 pm

Hey Joe - You wanna take this outside... ;-)
RyanHealy

Wassup Shaggy?

Postby RayEdwards » Thu May 22, 2008 8:17 pm

RayEdwards

Next

Return to Copywriting & Sales Letters