[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - How to best make downloadable videos • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

How to best make downloadable videos

Have questions about Graphics or Graphics programs? Discuss header graphics, Paint Shop Pro, Adobe Photoshop, hiring graphic designers, editing photos and creating images.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

How to best make downloadable videos

Postby RKramkowski » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:00 pm

We want to allow people to download the videos we have on our site after they've viewed them. What is the best format to do that? FLV? Something else?

And how would we best structure that so we could have a "download now" button or something similar?

Thanks,
Bob
RKramkowski

Postby David Dutton » Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:30 pm

Hey Bob

David Dutton here...

I am by far no video expert but I have made a lot of money marketing
with videos. You can do a search for "David Dutton" on youtube to see what I have done.

Also, Lynn just blogged about me here:

http://www.clicknewz.com/1469/the-flip- ... ltra-buzz/

I personally would offer the file in wmv because people usually have
no problems watching that format.

I also use a service called byo audio which hosts my videos and audios so I can track how long people actually watch the video. Pretty cool.

You can check a option and BYO will place a download link under your video or audio for people.

Also, another option is to use a free service like the popular site www.box.net and upload your videos to that site and post a link on your site for people to download them from there.

I hope that helps.

Have you been using video for a while now?

Dave
David Dutton
Elite Member

Re: How to best make downloadable videos

Postby kirkward » Sun May 18, 2008 2:31 pm

kirkward
Elite Member

Postby CorpRebel » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:46 pm

JJust as another source of video and audio production ...

Check out Sherman Hu stuff at:

http://www.shermanlive.com

He has ALOT of vids explainng various aspects of video and audio production. I don't do much in the way of videos but I have learned ALOT from his stuff on the above site.

The dude is so kool and helpful about this stuff.

Hope this helps some

8)
CorpRebel

Postby alexc » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:42 pm

alexc

Postby gsmart » Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:20 am

gsmart

Hi

Postby charupruthi » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:58 am

I personally would offer the file in WMV because people usually have
no problems watching that format

Last edited by charupruthi on Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
charupruthi

Postby wade_watson » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:42 am

The most widely readable and stable video file types are the .avi or the .mpeg (or .mpg) formats. The .avi is uncompsressed video, though and rarely used for downloads, while .mpg is compressed. They seem to have fallen out of fashion in recent times, though. Unfortunately, there is no universally ideal replacement. Apple's .mov format, created for the Quicktime player is forever requiring player updates and can be rather frustrating for PC users. The .flv format is used by Flash players and is really for streaming video only. I suppose you can view one directly, but I've never tried it. The .wmv format is Microsoft's creation for Windows Media Player. I'm not sure how/if it's playable on an Apple, but most sites that offer .wmv files offer a .mov version as an alternative.

If the players work with them, your best video quality will usually come from either .wmv or .mov files. But if you want something most anybody can play, you can't beat the old fashioned .mpg format.

--Wade
wade_watson

Return to Graphic Design