[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - To buy leads/email list or not? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

To buy leads/email list or not?

Tell us about the products/services that you have purchased online! Good, Bad? Want to recommend a service professional? -or- (ack!) Run accross a scam? Tell us all about it!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

To buy leads/email list or not?

Postby mellymom3 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:09 pm

I don't even know if this is the right thread to post this in but, I'll give it a shot.
I am currently working on building up my list(I know who isn't?). I have only a few subscribers as I have only had my website up for about 2 months now. Traffic seems to be slowly climbing due to article marketing, forums, free ads, and a few others.
But no one is opting in to my list. So my question was...

I want to get involved with one of the next great giveaways to build up my list even more but in order to participate you have to have at least a few on your own list to contribute to the advertising. (I think it is more like 500 not 5 :lol: )
So, I found a site that has a good price for buying so many subscribers. I have never done this before and was wondering if anyone could tell me how it works and if it is worth it, and why if so.
Any recommendations would help.

Thanks!
mellymom3

Postby JeanM » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:46 pm

JeanM
Elite Member

Postby mellymom3 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:23 pm

Thank you Jean.
I realize the confusion you were facing. So I have changed my signature again. The opt-in form is on my actual site.

:D
mellymom3

Postby JeanM » Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:47 pm

thanks! I seem to stay confused! :?
JeanM
Elite Member

Postby karynsolo » Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:40 pm

karynsolo

Postby DaveAMWSO » Mon May 12, 2008 2:37 am

I would definitely not recommend buying a mailing lead list. Most likely what will happen is that you'll get your email address/domain quickly added to many SPAM blacklists. The "leads" are probably junk email addresses (you'll get a lot of bounce backs, again contributing to you being classified as a spammer). If there are good addresses on there, they are usually untargetted.

Consider yourself, how often have you ever responded or read a completely unsolicited email offer or advertisement?

Keep building your own list. Perhaps consider finding another site/marketer within your niche and work some kind of "affiliate" deal where they'll mention your site in return for your mentioning theirs. Offer some contest or giveaway on your site/blog...some incentive to get people to sign up.
DaveAMWSO

Re: To buy leads/email list or not?

Postby kirkward » Sat May 17, 2008 4:23 pm

kirkward
Elite Member

Postby Osobase » Mon May 19, 2008 3:07 am

My experience with buying leads have been awful at best. So I would generally advice anyone to stay away from buying leads.

Consider...

1. If you receive an email from someone totally strange selling you some stuff, would you buy from him? What I do? I hit the spam button quick!

2. 99% of leads being sold are blacklists... Ok, I might be wrong with my stat :) but seriously, think about this: After working so hard to build your list, would you risk your reputation and sell it for some quick cash? I won't and many (if not all) serious Internet marketers won't either.

3. Any guarantee that you're buying a safelist? Some lead companies sell blacklists harvested using spam robots and so YOU might be accused of spamming. Yes, this can happen even though you have, along with the email addresses, the names and other contact information of the list.

4. If any lead company tells you that the leads they sell is exclusive, they've just lied to you (except they sell a lead for $10 or more). This is no 'small' lie at all! If they can say this, then lying that their list is a safelist is no big deal for them. Nowadays, there's no such thing as an "exclusive lead" for pennies on the dollar.

Sometimes, list building can be a painfully slow process, but it's well worth it...
Osobase

Postby karynsolo » Thu May 22, 2008 8:35 pm

karynsolo

Postby mellymom3 » Thu May 22, 2008 8:40 pm

mellymom3

re

Postby Katarina1 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:25 pm

Katarina1

Return to Testimonials & Product Reviews