[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Using Blog Posts As Articles-Opinions? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Using Blog Posts As Articles-Opinions?

Writing articles for free publicity, freelance writing, writing books, copywriting, editing and proofreading. If you write, or would like to, join us here in the Writer's Corner.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, DebGallardo

Using Blog Posts As Articles-Opinions?

Postby gronesy » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:50 am

gronesy

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:27 am

Oregon Coast Guy

Postby gronesy » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:29 pm

Thanks, Tony.

How many article sites do you submit to currently?
gronesy

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:33 pm

A lot!

I use either SEO Elite or Article Submitter Pro to make the whole process a lot easier.

You can grab a free download of Article Submitter from my site at http://mybiztools.net/best-business-tools.htm

Regards,

Tony
Oregon Coast Guy

Postby gronesy » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:17 pm

I'll check that out. Thanks for the link.

Did you see a noticeable increase in traffic when you started submitting articles? Do you submit to more than, say, ten sites currently?

Jeff
gronesy

Postby gronesy » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:20 pm

Tony,

I forgot to ask.

What do you need to be able to use Affiliate Elite?

Wordtracker account? Any other accounts?

Is it still 40 bucks/month?

Jeff
gronesy

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:22 pm

Yes, more than 10 for sure. EZineArtles is my favorite though.

I'm not an avid article writer, so I don't really think about it. I make sure that I promote one product per article. The sales are what I'm interested in, rather than the traffic.

Another service I use is , which is fantastic for Private Label Rights content. I save myself loads of time and effort creating articles, web site content, blog content, etc using them.

Regards,

Tony
Oregon Coast Guy

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:25 pm

Oregon Coast Guy

Postby gronesy » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:29 pm

gronesy

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:43 pm

I'm still going through all the Webinar videos. I really like to understand everything about a program before I really start using it. That makes for better promotions, too. :wink:

They presently have approx. 70-80 Webinars that you can watch. They are very thorough and should give you a really good handle on the software. That way, you feel good about using it.

If you're looking to get people to your site, you may want to consider instead. That way you're driving organic traffic, rather than PPC.

Also, IMO, PPC is for getting people to a landing page to make a sale, not for traffic to a web site. You'll be throwing your cash in the street if you are just looking to get traffic to your blog. As you said, your ROI is important. :wink:

Pay Per Click is more advanced stuff you will want to look into for later. There is no monthly fee for SEO Elite either. Just a single software purchase.

When you want to really find the top of the heap affiliate programs selling on Clickbank, PayDOTcom and Commission Junction, is your man. :wink:

I have some free ebooks on PPC for reference in my section.

Regards,

Tony
Oregon Coast Guy

Postby gronesy » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:09 pm

Thanks for the info, Tony.

I watched all of the pre-release videos for AE but it's not in my price range right now. Even with(as somebody suggested)buying it on my affiliate ID it's a bit beyond me now.

I have two separate goals here:

1. getting traffic to my affiliate sites(PPC, AE,etc).
2. getting found in searches and getting traffic to my blog(SEOE, articles,etc.)

I've run a few ad campaigns but I've decided that even with well-researched keywords and great ad copy you still need to spend a bunch to make a bunch more.

Would you agree with that appraisal?

Jeff
gronesy

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:20 pm

Jeff,

I do agree that you have to spend to make. It's just a necessary evil of the biz. hehe. As far as PCC, if you find the keywords that the top dogs are using in the niche you're competing in and can stay within the top 10 PPC ads on the first page, sometimes you can bid a couple cents per word. Affiliate Elite is definitely the cat's pajamas for doing that sort of thing!

One thing that I was determined to do is to get an arsenal of great information and software around me so that I can have all my ducks in a row and start out strong. So far, I've accomplished that pretty well.

There is a ton of great info out there for free, too. A lot you'll find on my site, which has helped me tremendously.

I honestly think that you can get some decent organic traffic going by doing some of the things outlined in ebooks like Confessions Of A Lazy Super Affiliate, Make Your Site Sell, Search Engine Optimization Made Easy, SEO Fast Start, and Google Adwords Made Easy. All but the first are free and you can get them at my . The Definitive Guide To Google Adwords is like the Bible of PCC. I really like that one!

Also, Jeremy Palmer just re-released his High Performance Affiliate Marketing as a freebie. Get that one for sure.

I'd at least consider either SEO Elite or Keyword Elite. They make things a lot easier for me.

Absorb all the information, but more imprtantly, put shoe leather behind it. Anything you learn is worthless unless you put it into action.

There is no substitution for hard work. :wink:
Oregon Coast Guy

Postby gronesy » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:33 pm

Tony,

I've been working with Lynn and I have either read or have most of the books you mentioned. I will bookmark your page.

Did you purchase SBI? I know their books are top-notch even if you haven't but I was curious how you got your start?

I'll look into SEO Elite or KW Elite in the next few months.

Right now, my business model is to write reports to generate cash to put back into my business. I'm also monetizing the hell out of my blog and the article stuff will be for my affiliate sites.

Oh yeah, I jumped on Jeremy Palmer's book as soon as Lynn mentioned it was out again.

I promise that everything I learn I put into action because what's the point of learning if you're not earning-right?

Jeff
gronesy

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:57 pm

Oregon Coast Guy

Postby gronesy » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:26 pm

gronesy

Next

Return to Writing for Publicity, Writing for Pay