[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Help! anyone! I need Podcast help! • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Help! anyone! I need Podcast help!

Time management, organization, working from home while raising children... Join us here to discuss the issues of daily life - and work - under the same roof!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Help! anyone! I need Podcast help!

Postby Lamorenalotiene » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:33 pm

Hello:

Does anyone out here know how in the WORLD i could possibly do a podcast interview when the other person I want to interview is in a different state? Are there any devices or websites that would allow me to do this??? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!
Lamorenalotiene

Postby nar321 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:04 pm

Your question is a good example of how much being a Elite member would help you. On the 22nd the whole hour of Lynn Terry's weekly seminar was devoted to podcasting. Alan Petersen was the person interviewed. By becoming a Elite member you would have instant access to that podcast.

I tried doing a name search which was no help. I seem to remember that Lynn gave his nickname but it won't bubble to the surface of my aging mind
nar321
Elite Member

Postby Mommyland » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:09 pm

you could do it on skype.

Or record a phone call
Mommyland
Elite Member

Postby nar321 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:57 pm

nar321
Elite Member

Postby Lamorenalotiene » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:41 pm

thanks on everyones advice!!!!!!!!!!
Lamorenalotiene

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:46 pm

You can also try http://www.blogtalkradio.com (I think thats right?) I believe you can use call-in numbers there.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Alan Petersen » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:34 am

Hello,

Skype is the most popular way to record interviews among podcasters. You will need a recorder since Skype doesn't have a recording option.

I like:

http://www.pamela-systems.com/

And I've also used: http://hotrecorder.com/

Pamela has a lot more features than hot recorder. For example, she provides HTML template code for posting the recorded Skype audio and video calls as podcasts or blog entries. Very nice.

The pro version is only $24.95 and it's unlimited the cheaper plans limit you 30 minutes and they don't include all the goodies that the pro plan has so it's worth paying the extra $12. They also have a free version which limits your recordings to 15 minutes and it offers pretty basic features compares to pro. But you can give it a whirl for free before deciding if you like it and want to upgrade to pro version.

Hot Recorder is around $15. Not as much features and the recording is sometimes out of sync so for $10 more get Pamela.

If you don't want to use Skype you can use your phone. You will need a digital recorder (better than cassette) and a telephone recorder. I bought one from Radio Shack for $27. This is the that I picked up at Radio Shack. And I use an Olympus Digital recorder.

It's very easy you plug your phone via the adapter and then plug in the recorder to your digital recorder and that's it. Make your call, hit record and it will record your calls (both sides).

In my opinion these are the most affordable ways to record these interviews.
Alan Petersen
Elite Member

Postby Mommyland » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:11 am

Mommyland
Elite Member

Postby Alan Petersen » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:05 am

Alan Petersen
Elite Member

Postby Mommyland » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:11 pm

Mommyland
Elite Member

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:10 pm

I use Pamela, too, and it's the cat's meow! :wink:

is a very handy service to use, if you're not aware.

Regards,

Tony
Oregon Coast Guy

Postby TorontoCarol » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:02 pm

Hi Tony, thanks for the heads up on mypodcast.com. Is there much difference between it and blogtalkradio do you know?
TorontoCarol
Elite Member

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:07 pm

I'm not sure. This was the first I've heard of BlogTalkRadio, but I've bookmarked it to check it out. :wink:

Regards,

Tony
Oregon Coast Guy

Postby MunnyMaker » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:49 pm

MunnyMaker

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:55 pm

Oregon Coast Guy

Next

Return to Home Office Talk