[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Is It Really This Hard To Find A Quality Ghostwriter? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Is It Really This Hard To Find A Quality Ghostwriter?

Time management, organization, working from home while raising children... Join us here to discuss the issues of daily life - and work - under the same roof!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Is It Really This Hard To Find A Quality Ghostwriter?

Postby tvanslooten » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:38 am

I have gone through at least 8 ghostwriters in the past year because none of them know how to write (in my opinion anyway). I use two sources exclusively - Rentacoder.com and Elance.com. I usually pay around $8 for a rewrite and $10 for original articles (400-600 words per article).

I don't know if I'm being too picky or if I'm not paying enough, but nobody can write anymore!! I'm almost to the point of hiring someone like Tiffany Dow and pay $20/article just to get good articles that I don't have to spend hours editing.

Have any of you been able to find any good, reliable writers at an affordable rate? If so, where are you finding them and what are you paying per article?

I know I'm very picky but the quality I've been seeing at $10/article or less has been horrible. Does a guy really have to spend more than that to find good writers?

Travis
tvanslooten
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:29 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby tvanslooten » Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:03 pm

Sure...the more feedback the better :wink:

I would be interested in finding out how much people are paying (on average) per article and where they are finding their writers!

I'll monitor this post in the main forum. Just let me know where you move it to in the forum.

Thanks!

Travis
tvanslooten
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:16 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby bs28723 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:46 pm

bs28723

Re: Is It Really This Hard To Find A Quality Ghostwriter?

Postby nar321 » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:23 pm

nar321
Elite Member

Postby RadioGirl » Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:33 pm

I've never really had trouble finding good ghostwriters. They just don't last for long, generally around six months. I know that is the way it goes though because I generally hire off my writer's network and find those who are new to freelance writing and are just looking to gain experience and clips. After a while, they move on to bigger fish who can pay more and I move on to the next talent.
RadioGirl
Elite Member

hire

Postby TimeSaverVA » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:29 pm

I have a friend that has a ghostwritting business. She is great and I have hired her before and she has had awesome reviews. If you are interested PM me I will pass it on to her or give you her website.
TimeSaverVA

Postby adavant » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:29 pm

Hi there,
I am a ghostwriter and just wanted to let you know that my current rates are $15/article and only $5 for rewrites. I have a good base of clients who would be willing to give you some testimonials. You can also read testimonials on my website. I would be honored for you to give me a try.

http://alyssaavant.com
adavant

Postby TimeSaverVA » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:32 pm

Opps there she is right above me. SO I guess now you have her website. :D
TimeSaverVA

Postby tvanslooten » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:35 pm

tvanslooten
Elite Member

Postby RadioGirl » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:43 pm

RadioGirl
Elite Member

Postby WAHumor » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:08 pm

WAHumor
Elite Member

Postby deannatroupe » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:19 pm

I also do ghostwriting. I charge $10 per article and $5 for rewrites. My website is http://www.deannaspencer.com
deannatroupe

Postby TorontoCarol » Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:52 pm

I'll add my name to the ghostwriting pool. I charge $10 for 400 words and $5 for rewrites.
TorontoCarol
Elite Member

Next

Return to Home Office Talk