[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Are Your Kids Involved In Your Business? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Are Your Kids Involved In Your Business?

Time management, organization, working from home while raising children... Join us here to discuss the issues of daily life - and work - under the same roof!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Are Your Kids Involved In Your Business?

Postby Dale King » Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:08 pm

Are your kids involved in your business in any capacity? Do they want to be? If not, do you want them to be at some point?

Dale King
Dale King

Postby dschuman » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:57 am

My now 21 year old is at U.N.C. at Greeley Colo. When he started at College we did not want him going to a job on top of his school work.

My husband found and started an article writing company. Now my son writes articles in between classes and pays for his rent, cable, books. He still has time to enjoy college life. He can work when ever he wants the job does not have hours.

Now my 17 year old is doing the same thing, he is in high school. He is in sports and his grades are 3.5 and up. So now he has extra money to do what he wants to. For college he will be ready to work just like my older son did. Hope that helps answer your question.
dschuman

Postby karynsolo » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:53 am

karynsolo

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:10 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Katherine Reschke » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:03 pm

I have my 13 year old help me with graphic designs and plan to involve my other two (9 and 12) whenever I can.
Katherine Reschke
Elite Member

Postby Michelle Waters » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:10 pm

My 4 and 7 year old are still a little young to get involved in the business beyond emptying the trash can and using up the other side of paper I've printed on. But I have plans for them.... LOL!
Michelle Waters
Elite Member

Postby shri » Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:58 am

Very interesting.
My 7 year old son is too young for that but he seems to be interested. He loves to experiment with photoshop and applauds aloud for his own achievements. These days he wanted to start blogging. So i created one for him a few days ago.
If you find time, visit and leave a comment, he'd be boosted.
shri

Postby karynsolo » Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:26 pm

I recently came across an article online about a bank helping Kidtrepraneurs and thought it was quite good what they are doing. Now i wish I could remember where I saw it .

What the bank does is open an account for the kid, they then send the kid off with a little briefcase with blank business cards, printable stickers, and other cool tools.

The kid has to think up a business then choose a name for the business. They make suggestions like : grass cutting, chore helpers, babysitting etc.

Once the kid does a job an invoice is printed and the payment gets deposited into the account.
karynsolo

Postby TorontoCarol » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:52 pm

My 15 year old grandson has started to learn Internet Marketing and has put up a skateboarding site he calls JPC Skateboards at www.bestdeals4youshop.com

These days, after school, he and his mother (who does information products), and I get on MSN together and brainstorm. It is great for motivation and since we all live in different places (he lives with his dad) has really bonded us.
TorontoCarol
Elite Member

Postby mellymom3 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:02 pm

Just thought I would post and change the url of TorontoCarol's link.
Yes I am the mother. Brian is my 15 year old son who is learning at a very fast pace and amazing me.
He has now just created his own logo from scratch( I went and made mine at mandarin design using their logo creator)
My mother made a slight typo in the url. Sorry mom. Just wanted to change it. Not meaning to over step or embarass. Just want people to check out my awesome son's work. :lol:

mellymom3

Postby karynsolo » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:09 pm

Mellymom that is wonderful, sounds like your son in on the right track, foster his talents he will go a long way. My son who is now 19 began internet marketing a year and a half ago and today he and I own a webhosting business together and he has numerous products of his own creation out on the net. It is amazing how kids can pick up on this stuff way faster than we adults can and have the patience to sit there and tweak settings etc to get the look and feel that they want.

Best of luck to your son, it is great to see kids getting so creative so early nowdays and really going a long way.
karynsolo

Postby mellymom3 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:51 am

Thanks for the support karynsolo!

It is all thanks to my mom who has helped me to get a go on things! She has been my motivation. Just thought I would pass it on down to my own kids since they are so talented. I have an 18 year old daughter who won a scholarship for an art school. She is already teaching part time in a private art school and has hopes of starting her own studio with private classes when she graduates. My whole family supports each other and why not? We all have talents that we love to share! My gramma is in her 80's and has her own ebay shop and teaches lessons.
Best of luck with your endeavors and I will keep you in mind for the next hosting company I need to use. :)
mellymom3

Postby shri » Fri Jan 25, 2008 1:30 am

very impressive. a little coordination in the family pays off so well not just in terms of $ but also strengthens family bonds. All the best to you all. My special regards to your granma. very inspiring.

shri[/url]
shri

Postby mellymom3 » Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:22 pm

thanks for your support. My grandma is a wonder for sure. She ran a successful courier company for years before she decided to retire. I think she started my whole family off on the idea that we could run our own businesses due to the fact the majority of my family now does. :)

Success to all who endeavor to do great things!
mellymom3

Postby WAHumor » Tue May 27, 2008 7:43 am

Wow...a FOUR generation small business dynasty!!

With summer right around the corner, I thought this might be a good time to revisit this topic.

Do your kids help with your business? Can you think of ways they might?
WAHumor
Elite Member

Next

Return to Home Office Talk