[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - My Old Success • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

My Old Success

Show Off Your Success! Post your Work-at-Home or Online Business Success Story. From small achievements to life-changing success, we'd love to hear your story...

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

My Old Success

Postby chillzkid » Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:00 pm

Hello all...

about 2 years ago, when I was still in community college,
I discovered a 'trick' ? to make money... well I thought it was
a trick... I signed up to this program at the advice of somebody,
it was a free program, but HE was getting paid $9 per lead...

I didn't realize what it all was... but I thought, hey, this thing is
free, so all i gotta do is get people to try it... so i was 'marketing'
like cRazy, trying to get people to try it... and i was on my second
month, Made $600 in my second month!! mostly just copy+paste
email...

Sad part was, the company went out of business, I still got paid though
but I never even knew what I was doing... I just copied the guy,
who got meE to join... well, than I did just about what everyone
does, is i got a JOB (just over broke), factory work, manual labor
mindless numbing work... Radio Shack clerk... etc. Than I finally
thought I had a 'Good' Job.... only problem was the pay... it was a
Techie job and I read people in my field makes $50k a year... and it
was a small company, so I thought, maybe in 4-5 years I can become
a manager or something, because I'm a hard worker, and that's all it takes right?

Well one night, there needed a project to be done, and we were behind... way behind... I stayed till 5am that morning, and went home got 4 hours of sleep, went back to work ('a lil late') and got YELLED AT for coming Late. Well they didn't know I stayed till 5am...

Well anyways, 6-month evaluation time, and I know I went way beyond expectations, did everything that was asked of me and then some etc. And I thought I was finally gonna get my just dues, and make more positions Average... (or the bottom 10% and I would of been happy)

You know what they offered me? After all my sweat and tears?

A stinkin $1 dollar an hour raise! Which brings it to a total of $11/hour... for a positition that demands almost double that! I was floored... I could of went back to the factory and make more... I couldn't support my family off of that... and I was PIST. Now all their previous praised turned into criticism... definatlely a boardroom type atmosphere, if you ever been in salary negotiations, you know what I mean... Now these people I thought were my friends, (my bosses), made me feel like they're my family... now they were tellin me that they could out-source what I do, and can only pay what they would pay and outsource person..... they were even trying to get me not to get the health insurance...

Well I am no one's cheap labor, intellectual labor or otherwise...

The past 6 months been living off my savings... moved back in with my parents... and now am gonna try this thing called "affiliate marketing" that I stumbled upon 2 years ago... I only wished I know how powerful it was than, and how only working for yourself will your hard work pay off.

Thanks for the time guys, sorry for the rant.

-Kevin
chillzkid

Postby jacquelynrose » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:14 pm

Wow good story and I am sorry about the whole 'work' thing, I understand you there...I have always believed I was worth more than what other people thought I was worth...and that I am capable of a lot more than what I do now...Well Kevin, your in the right place!
jacquelynrose

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:38 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby James Schramko » Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:44 am

James Schramko

Return to Success Stories