[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - I feel like waving a flag so people see my post • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

I feel like waving a flag so people see my post

How to do keyword research, find trends, locate niches, etc. Tools, methods, ideas and Q&A can be found here...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

I feel like waving a flag so people see my post

Postby kowhai » Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:24 pm

kowhai

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:25 am

I dont mind if you 'bother' me - that's what I'm here for :)

I moved your post to the Market Research category so that we could discuss researching keywords & niches. But as for waving a flag - there is one, actually. Its the subject line of your post that will get the views & clicks ;)

Copywriting comes in handy in a lot of little ways - not just for sales letters. Subject lines for emails, blog posts & forum threads for starters. Not only will they attract members and readers (wherever you are publishing) but they will also attract searchers.

One of the keys to forum marketing is to use keyword phrases in your subject line, as posts get picked up by the search engines. Just today I was searching for information on the "aweber promotion code" because I saw a link for it in the aweber sign up form. No info, so I did a search.

The 4th result was a thread on the warrior forum titled "aweber promotion code?" - so of course I clicked through. Just proof that the subject line can attract even more viewers than originally intended. Also, I still get a substantial number of visitors to my blog every month from a forum post I made on a marketing forum last year. The subject line got the post ranked for a popular term, and it STILL drives traffic lol.

So that answers that ;) Now we can move on to choosing niches and researching keywords and such. I assume you downloaded the Easy Niche Blueprint package that is free for Elite Members? I hope you found that helpful. Also, you can search keywords at WordTracker:

http://freekeywords.wordtracker.com

So let me know how I can best help you with the research :)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Yes I would love to do some research

Postby kowhai » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:48 am

Yes I have the niche blueprint and the woedk traker you metioned, in fact I have the word track on my tool bar for quick access

Thanks for moving this post. I will look it up over in the new place.

anthony
kowhai

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:19 am

With those resources in hand, what are your questions specifically?
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

I guess

Postby kowhai » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:17 pm

I am looking for something I feel comfortable about. I will look onto the new zealand topic a lot more, But still need to know how to do good meaningful searches, I am going to read build massive lists By Sharlene Raven
kowhai

Hi Lynn

Postby kowhai » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:38 pm

I am going to write an ebook about new zealand, there seems to be a huge amount of people wanting to know about the country. I am sire I could get a lot of information from the right people in NZ however this will be a long mission. I have always thought a travelog would be great, but its very costly to travel around in NZ. I still need some instant turnover to keep the interest here.

Anthony
kowhai

Postby JosephRatliff » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:41 pm

kowhai,

What I do for quick research, is use something like Wordtracker and "let the keywords guide me."

What I mean is...

Type in a general term, in your case New Zealand.

Then, whatever pops up, look into those searches that interest you, so...

It looks to me that "jobs" and "street maps" are the two main searches under that term...but there is not too much in terms of total searches.

Perhaps do this with another topic? When you find one with more searches, then you can go into deeper research, like forums for that topic and such.
JosephRatliff
Elite Member

Thanks very much

Postby kowhai » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:50 pm

Thanks very much Joseph every little bit of advice is a gem

Anthony
kowhai

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:57 pm

I wouldnt write an ebook about New Zealand - I would do a blog. Free content to attract visitors and build a reputation in the niche. Make your money on Adsense, Travel programs, selling links, etc. You can always write & sell reports related to the local area down the road, but get a site up and running and establish yourself first.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Yes I have decided to do that

Postby kowhai » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:01 pm

I will do a blog, but still not sure how it will turn a $ still lets get started first, I will keep you informed

Anthony
kowhai

Return to Market Research