[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - SMC CORPORATION.....anyone knows any thing about them • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

SMC CORPORATION.....anyone knows any thing about them

Tell us about the products/services that you have purchased online! Good, Bad? Want to recommend a service professional? -or- (ack!) Run accross a scam? Tell us all about it!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

SMC CORPORATION.....anyone knows any thing about them

Postby edwinnyc » Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:01 pm

edwinnyc

Postby DBeavers » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:30 pm

I have heard of a few people making money with SMC, but a lot depends on how and where you intend to sell. SMC is happy to sell the website to any and every person willing to pay for it. Not sure about the present situation, but once upon a time, their "cookie cutter" websites were saturating the web. Do a google search to see how many matches you get. The more competition there is online, the harder it will be to draw in customers to your site.

SMC sent me their info, unsolicited, years ago, promoting 29 ways to sell their products. Mostly is was various ways to retail - roadside display, flea markets, weekend garage sales, door to door catalog delivery possibly having some samples along, direct mail of catalogs (mail order), doing home parties, etc, as well as wholesale, and even letting others sell under your dealership. They will sell you all the catalogs you want, many with themes and holiday timing.

Nothing about them interested me, and the more I heard, the more I found wrong with their opportunity and products.

Personally, I prefer B2B marketing, rather than B2C. Business2Business means fewer sales calls, but larger volume and commissions. I started my B2B 23 years ago - 1984 for those not interested in doing the math.
I have a large number of businesses who have been ordering from me for 15 to 22 years, with well over 80% of my clients having been doing business with me over 5 years. But, I still add one to four new customers every month.

I doubt very many people with SMC have a high repeat business, which is the bulk of my monthly and annual sales.

If you want to learn more, seek out someone who is doing well with SMC, and ask about selling through them. They get some profits while you are learning, and you get a mentor who has already found at least one way to make it work.

Dennis

P.S. Mr. C of Happy Days was played by Tom Bosley, who also served as a pitchman for Glad trash bags. You're not the only one who can show his age.

Quick Happy Days Trivia Question - How many children did the Cunninghams have?
DBeavers

Re: SMC CORPORATION.....anyone knows any thing about them

Postby JoblessJake » Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:47 am

JoblessJake

Postby Paul Bergman » Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:41 pm

J just did a real quick four to five minute research on SMC.
Here is a link to a page on their web site that shows some of
the products they sell

http://www.startwithsmc.com/products.aspx

In the second row there is a Tan Dinnerware Set

I then went to Target.com and put "tan dinnerware set" in
the search box and this came up

http://www.target.com/gp/search.html/60 ... &x=12&y=12

Then I went to Walmart.com

http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng ... ted_items=

SMC sells the dinnerware to you for $23.30 plus shipping
and handling. They then say to sell it for $69.95.

Ask yourself if someone will pay $69.95 for an something
very similar that they can get at Target or Walmart for
about $25 to $40.

On the interent it is not possible to know what the quality of
each item because we can't hold it. But it looks to be about
the same.

I admit that I did a real quick research but it seems to me
that the dinnerware set at SMC is priced to high. It looks
like they are selling it to their members at a retail price not
wholesale.

The Crocodile Wine Bottle Holder in the first row, who and
where is the market for that :roll:

Do your own research dig deeper then I did. IMHO stay
away from them. The little profit that you would make if you
could actually sell their stuff at anywhere near the prices
they suggest will not be worth all your efforts.

Paul
Paul Bergman

But there's new shopping trends as well...

Postby RKramkowski » Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:44 am

RKramkowski

About SMC

Postby kirkward » Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:48 pm

kirkward
Elite Member

Postby Adrianne » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:56 pm

I researched SMC a year or two ago and thought the internet portion was a step up from the mail-order/door to door method. After talking to people who were actually doing it, the most common complain was that the warehouse took to long to ship the products, and the most popular products were always on backorder. Since then I think they've opened a few more warehouses to fix the shipping issues but I'm not sure if they took care of the backlogging of products. Nevertheless, I passed on this biz op.
Adrianne

Postby Duane » Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:57 am

I've been familiar with SMC for a long time. I think it was sometime in the eighties I thoroughly investigated them. I know that, at the time they charged a large membership fee to access their products and, like above, I heard of people who had ordered products that were back ordered for several weeks. I don't know if they still have the back order problem.
I have done some investigating about selling tangible products via drop-ship, which is essentially what SMC does. The consensus of opinion with Ebay sellers who drop-ship seems to be that a drop-ship supplier does not charge an up front fee to sell their products.
I also felt, after investigating the products that their "retail" prices were inflated quite a bit. You would probably need to sell them for quite a bit less than their suggested retail to be price competitive.
Duane
Elite Member

SMC

Postby sparkyszone » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:50 pm

I know one person selling their products.
I have looked around the net, and see alot of people selling their products, so their is alot of oversaturation their, which can get very competitive. I think that you are better off selling "less sold" things.
sparkyszone

Return to Testimonials & Product Reviews