[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - The oooops email • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

The oooops email

Newsletters, Ezines & e-Courses: From capturing email addresses to capitalizing on your mailing list - Join us here to discuss weekly newsletters, autoresponders and Email Marketing in general...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

The oooops email

Postby Alan Petersen » Tue May 08, 2007 6:17 pm

Alan Petersen
Elite Member

Postby jaggiegill » Tue May 08, 2007 7:18 pm

jaggiegill

Postby karthik26_89 » Tue May 08, 2007 7:24 pm

karthik26_89

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed May 09, 2007 7:07 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Re: The oooops email

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed May 09, 2007 7:08 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby karthik26_89 » Wed May 09, 2007 7:37 am

karthik26_89

Send Money From Nigeria E-mail

Postby jaggiegill » Wed May 09, 2007 8:23 am

I am also getting this e-mail that mostly everyone on the net probably has received once. It states that the Queen of Nigeria is sending about a million dollars to you and all you need to do is fill out this information below, anyone get these? Who are they trying to fool here 8) :roll: . It really wasts my time because they put a totally different headline that seems like it important and has something to do with my business, so it's forcing me to open it. What jerks these people are. :roll:
jaggiegill

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed May 09, 2007 10:08 am

There are programs to eliminate email like the two you guys are referring to. I use Spambully and its GREAT. You can read more about it here if you need a cheap but GOOD solution:

http://www.clicknewz.com/111/how-much-does-spam-cost/

What we are talking about in this thread though is the SPAM you actually REQUEST. Or at least, that's how I see it. Signing up for one thing, and getting a hundred emails on something else altogether is... spam of its own kind, in my opinion.

Yes, I opted in. But I didnt specifically request what some are sending out...
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby karthik26_89 » Thu May 31, 2007 3:14 am

Hi.I found an article written on silicon.com.This is an article about how silicon.com's Will Sturgeon set up a Hotmail account under an assumed identity, and replied to a spam.This is just hilarious.I recommend you to read it.
http://www.silicon.com/research/special ... 00.htm?r=1
karthik26_89

Postby RussellWebb » Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:03 pm

wow... shows you how naive I am... I've received a couple, thinking they were genuine. It doesn't surprise me though.

Makes me wonder about some of these marketers - mainly the overzealous 5x a week 'you gotta have this!" types... I imagine they probably pop up in the middle of the night with there little 'aha' moments and can't wait to start hammering their lists...

now I've learned some good tips from mr. s. casey - but c'mon, I don't think this guy sleeps at all!
RussellWebb
Elite Member

Postby Michael b » Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:43 am

Alan,

I hate (Yes, Hate) opps emails. To me its veiled marketing. I'd rather have someone ask me for my money than send one of those "Oppps" emails.

Honestly I unsubscribe every time as soon as I get one of those. In business I am a straight forward man and I expect anyone that wants even a $1 from me to be the same.

At one point or another I have actually made a mistake and sent something when it wasn't complete, I didn't follow it up with an Opps what I did follow it up with was a (sorry I sent you an inactive link, or whatever the mistake was etc.) but I mention in the subject line of the email the exact problem with the last email.
Michael b

Postby Ellen » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:04 am

Ellen

Postby MunnyMaker » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:11 pm

MunnyMaker

Postby Ellen » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:55 pm

Ellen

Return to Email Marketing, Mailing Lists & Autoresponders