[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Has anyone ever had this happen to them? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Has anyone ever had this happen to them?

Newsletters, Ezines & e-Courses: From capturing email addresses to capitalizing on your mailing list - Join us here to discuss weekly newsletters, autoresponders and Email Marketing in general...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Has anyone ever had this happen to them?

Postby EdGause » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:55 pm

I start out a nice day, get a good word at church and come to check my
email only to find this waiting for me:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 18:33:59 -0500 (EST)
To: egause@trinale.com
Subject: RE: Subscription Confirmation

F**K OFF YOU BLACK C??K SUCKER! STOP YOUR F**KING SPAM! SEND
ME YOUR YOUNG TEENAGER OR YOUNGER DAUGHTERS SO I CAN DEFLOWER THEM!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This from someone who subscribes to a list and then asked to confirm to
their request!

Any publishers ever had this happen to them?
EdGause

Postby Steve MacLellan » Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:17 am

Hi Edward,

Anyone who has ever had a mailing list has had this happen to them. Some people just join lists to do this --- cause they don't have anything better to do.

Just remove the subscriber, and forget about it.

Best Regards,
Steve MacLellan
Steve MacLellan

Postby Getagrip » Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:19 am

Unfortunately, there are some pretty big losers out there who say stuff like that. You may want to consider using a different email address for your opt ins other than your main email address.
Getagrip

Postby ElevatingYourBusiness » Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:29 am

Take it from me. It won't be the last time you get a note like that....

Even if you have a double opt-in newsletter like I do. People are surely strange sometimes.
ElevatingYourBusiness

Postby Angela Wills » Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:52 pm

I've never gotten an email like that but I've heard of people getting all kinds of unfriendly emails and I know some of them say that they have their VA's check their emails and then they don't have to read or hear about nasty messages..

of course that's not the only reason to have a VA check your messages and I'm not saying that because I'm a VA (I don't do email for others :) )
Angela Wills
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:18 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

It happens to Everyone

Postby Dennis Stokes » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:21 pm

This is really a hard one for me. It doesn't matter if someone has double opted in to my list and you just treat everyone the very best that you can.

There's always those that are just plain rude and mean for no good reason. I guess in this day and age of e-mail, it's easy to rip on someone. I bet that same person would think twice about acting or saying those things on the phone or in person.

I think it's really important to be somewhat fearless and thick skinned as an e-mail markerter. When I get an e-mail that gets me going, I delete it and if need be get up from the computer and go do something else until I'm in the correct mindset. I then try to focus on all the positive remarks and e-mails I get from people.

Well that's my speel.

Sincerely,
Dennis Stokes

Dennis Stokes

Postby LynnWilson » Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:55 am

Ed, I am so sorry that happened. How awful!

I wouldn't know whether to be :evil: or :( .

Lynn
LynnWilson

Postby Brian Lam » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:15 pm

I just think that you should never let yourself be influenced by the words of these people. They are just negative people by my standards. We are the positive people!

If you let them get to you, then their aim is achieved so I would just say forget about it and move on forward. What you cannot change is their responses to you but what you can change is your reaction and perspective on these responses.
Brian Lam

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:01 am

Great advice!

Welcome to the forum, Brian :D
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Email Marketing, Mailing Lists & Autoresponders