[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Are Your Goals Realistic? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Are Your Goals Realistic?

Positive mindset, success-oriented thinking, a place for 'thinking outside the box', brainstorming & goal achievement... Post your online business goals and your brainstorming threads here.

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, shortstack

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:49 am

It is the New Year, and we all have resolutions and goals... and are expecting great things in 2006. But are our goals realistic? Are our resolutions even achievable?

Paul Smithson has just released a new report titled "Setting Goals".

You can download a copy here:
http://www.selfstartersweeklytips.com/f ... -goals.pdf

This is a very quick read - barely over 10 pages, including worksheets. I read through it over coffee this morning in a few short minutes. Go ahead and download a copy and give it a scan at least. You'll be glad that you did!

In this report, Paul shows us how to turn resolutions into achievable goals. You'll also learn how to have "balanced goals" - and why this is (so!) important.

Enjoy!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Tony Williams » Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:25 pm

Tony Williams

Re: Are Your Goals Realistic?

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:33 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Barry Rice » Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:54 am

Without an effective, written definition of success, supported by effective goals, you stand the chance of being in conflict with yourself and achieving nothing substantive.

Sure, you can set goals, achieve some and fail at others, or stop in the middle. However, if your goals do not support your definition of success you may always be in conflict with yourself and deprive yourself of actually living your success.

Society, and today’s educational programs attempt to lead us to believe, and strive for, success measured by money, status symbols, or the elusive “pot of gold” at the end of some distant rainbow. Further, society's value system seems to dictate that unlimited money and/or material 'toys' are the primary evidence of success. Those who have are treated with respect, even reverence. Those who don’t, unfortunately, are most often relegated to social insignificance.

Think about it. If you allow your desires and society's definition of success to overstep your willingness to pay-the-price for achievement, and you fail to achieve it, life may seem without purpose, which is emotionally draining. This is why it is so important to , FIRST, define the elusive word “success” in terms of your life . . . your future.

People who take their definition of success and goals lightly seem to design their actions - if they do any designing at all - after what they think society will think of them. They don’t examine their own wants and needs. The point to remember is that when you design, and accept, your own definition of success, you will not need to concern yourself with the definitions of others.

Defining what success will be in your future of independence is the first - and most important - action step as you are MOVING FORWARD OUT OF THE FOG. All of your subsequent actions must support your definition of success, not conflict with it. The goals you set, the plans you develop, and the actions you take, must be in harmony with your definition of success or you will likely go nowhere and, therefore, remain fog-filled.
Barry Rice

Additional 'food for thought'

Postby Liara Covert » Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:40 pm

All the postings thus far offer food for thought. I also invite readers to consider the concept of harmonic wealth creation as part of a guideline for success. This concept has been touched on in books like The Secret. Before you're in a position to plan out which steps you'll take to reach a goal, its useful to recognize that each of us evolves on different levels, at different paces in different areas of our lives. Breaking each phase down incrementally is a fantastic way to isolate different kinds of success and make it happen. You boost your confidence and esteem in small doses which enables you to tackle bigger projects much more effectively. :lol:
Liara Covert

Great Stuff

Postby Tony Williams » Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:41 pm

Greetings, 8)

Thank you Barry and Liara for your contribution. I have found myself getting away from my goals many times even though I knew were I wanted to go and how.

As I grow, change, and build a team, I see needs for revamping. Discipline is hard to teach and even harder to hold steadfast when teaching others to overcome challenges and also trying to help them reach their not so clear goals

But it is exciting to do.
Tony Williams

Re: Great Stuff

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:02 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby TotalLifeSuccess.com » Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:00 am

TotalLifeSuccess.com

Postby *Delecia* » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:26 pm

*Delecia*

Postby Liara Covert » Mon Apr 02, 2007 2:47 am

I think one great thing about goals is that they are as changeable as you choose for them to be. As you raise your expectations, or your circumstances change, you have the power to adapt your goals to suit your new needs. At the same time, if you get sick or some other unforseen reason comes up to prevent you frome following your initial timeline, you can revise it without having hard feelings. Goal-setting is all about doing what it takes to get to where you wish to be. The question is, do you know where this is? As you identify it, it will be easiet to get there.
Liara Covert

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:42 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Barry Rice » Sun May 20, 2007 2:34 pm

Exactly correct about "vision" first. And, always best if "vision" covers all 7 categories of the total living experience, to wit, money, career, family, social, physical, mental (learning new knowledge and skills), and spiritual. When all categories are considered - with vision-supportive goals and action-oriented goal achievement plans - living one's vision becomes almost routine. The EASY part is achieving goals. The HARD part - because of the "I want what I want when I want it" factor - is taking the time to go through the process of developing the vision, setting the goals and developing the plan.
Barry Rice

Big Goals...

Postby Mark P. » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:54 pm

Mark P.

Setting Goals The Importance Of

Postby McCrorie » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:35 am

I have been in business for myself now for over twenty years and I would not have gotten this far and been so successful without having set myself some goals.
Goals give us something to aim for, they are great at helping anyone to become successful in life.
Having said that along with setting goals you should also have a good solid business plan to complement your goals. Without a business plan you have no direction in life.
Goals and a business plan go together like bread and butter, there made for each other.
Dream your dreams set your goals, compile a business plan and just get started is the key to success for me. People often worry too much about failure and procrastinate over meaningless things and never actually get started.
McCrorie

Postby pilpil » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:23 am

I am a great lover of goals too. Otherwise it is like a ship sailing in the high seas in circles without a compass.
And I have written 'three secrets to achieving your goals' in ezinearticles.

Enjoy.

Philip
pilpil

Next

Return to Quest for Success! Brainstorming & Goal Achievement