[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Anyone advertise in the local newspaper • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Anyone advertise in the local newspaper

Offline Marketing tips and techniques - how to market your online business OFFline. Also discussing Offline Business set-up and strategy.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Anyone advertise in the local newspaper

Postby MommyEnterprises » Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:34 pm

MommyEnterprises

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:40 am

Hi Stefani,

I think its a good idea. In fact, a couple of months ago - I registered a handful of domains for the same purpose ;) There is a small paper here where I live that will run your ad for four weeks for only $42 - it is delivered by mail across several counties, so has a wide local reach.

For under $50, you can reach a fairly large and mostly untapped market with an online offer - it's worth testing to see if you can get them online, and then to see if the page converts.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby onlineleben » Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:04 am

I tried newspaper / magazine advertisment last year over a period of 6-8 weeks. Although the audience was somewhat targeted and the ad was shown in their online-guide ( a special section of the magazine where they only showed ads for websites ), the results were dismal.
Possible reasons for the bad performance:
- ads were posted during summer break. Readership is good at this time of year, but the audience is reading it at their holiday locations, so they had no access to a PC
- 6-8 weeks is maybe not enough to get results from "branding"
- not much control over your ad, as you have to place the ad about 8 weeks in advance

What I do now?
I rather spend my money on Adwords than advertising in a magazine again.
onlineleben

Postby bevel1 » Mon Dec 25, 2006 6:15 pm

I've tried the main circulation in my city as well as the smaller cheaper ones and my results were most unfavorable, ofcourse- I was told this does not happen to everyone. I was told some people score well and some people dont...that was the explanation given. I ran these ads on a monthly basis to gain good "clout" and the most clout/credibility I received was a "whooping" credit balance. Personally, I'm done with the ads and I will have to be more frugal for the new year, or I will prob. be sitting in the "dog house" (lol).

Bev.
www.freedomathometeam.com/40416148
bevel1

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Dec 30, 2006 4:10 pm

Hi Bev,

Did you test different ads, and different landing pages? I would have to assume that would have a huge impact on your ROI or conversion rate.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Return to Offline Marketing and Offline Business