[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Press Release Info • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Press Release Info

Promoting websites, online advertising, press releases... In this category, you'll find everything about marketing, exposure & publicity for your online ventures.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Michelle Waters

Press Release Info

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Dec 17, 2005 1:36 pm

Let's use this thread to share tips & resources for Press Releases,
including: writing, submitting, tutorials, templates & resources.

I was recently looking at a new product on the market:
http://press-equalizer.showmedetails.com

I'm not personally a big fan of all of these "equalizer" products. In fact, when the notice for this new product () came through my Inbox... I filed it. When I found a little bit of time, I *did* take a look at it... and I have to admit, it certainly seems to have some potential! Your thoughts?
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby nuttymarketer » Sat Dec 17, 2005 4:05 pm

This a great medium to promote your products and services. Almost all biggies do it and Now Internet has provided us the opportunity to Small business owner to use the same medium at far low price but better result.

There are many paid as well as Free service available. try it today for better visibility.

Arvind Kumar
nuttymarketer

Postby deniseoberry » Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:36 am

Hi Lynn --

Sending news releases has always been a good idea for small business owners. I've been seeing the hype about this tool too. From what I can tell, it's just a tool to help you shorten the distribution of your news release. Heck, I have a personal distribution list that takes care of that for me. And for anyone searching on free press release there are a wealth of sites to help you.

Can this tool save you time? Probably. But it won't write the release for you and that's the biggest obstacle for most people. Getting the release written in a way that makes it news so it gets picked up by the press -- unless you're just looking for links -- but frankly I'd rather get good press than good links any day. (And sometimes you'll get both.) That's what makes a business grow. :D

The main thing to keep in mind about news releases is that it's a relationship activity. Build relationships with journalists and editors, help them create the content they need and it will be a win / win.

If you (or anyone else) is struggling with how to write a press release, hop on over to the Small Biz Boot Camp and take my demo course, "PR Primer For Small Business Owners" -- http://www.smallbiz-bootcamp.com/pr_primer_course.html -- you'll have to sign up, but it's free.

Best regards,

Denise O'Berry
deniseoberry

Postby WebSEOWriter » Sun Dec 18, 2005 1:54 pm

WebSEOWriter

Question

Postby mystery777 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 10:00 am

How often do we have to post press releases? and what should be the differences between the first one and the others?...
Thanks alot.....
mystery777

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:56 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Major_Grooves » Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:02 pm

Hi,

I recently put out a press release for a new site using http://prweb.com/

You can read how I got on with it .

And you can see the press release through on my blog.

Hope the info there is of use.
Major_Grooves

Regarding the Equalizer Program

Postby debroar » Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:53 am

Hi there,

It sure does look good and from the perspective of driving traffic, I think any tool that can get the spiders going is great. I'm going to run it by a good friend of mine to see exactly what they do as I do not speak internetese and that will give me a better perspective. What came to mind for me is software I'm using that builds organically using press release, but also SEO and other realities and while I'm learning as I go, I'm finding it terrific.

If you want to check this out it is at http://www.webtrafficconnection.com/ide ... /index.php
it's a great program. One thing about this however is that it isn't passive, it's very hands on. (Yes I am an affliatie of this site, I hope that is permissable, I believe in the program, however if it doesn't bowd well to be an affiliate, please advice and go direct instead to http://www.webtrafficconnection.com)

I hope this is helpful to everyone. I'm happy to be a new member of this group.
debroar

Re: Regarding the Equalizer Program

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:49 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Mass Submitters

Postby newspub » Mon Jul 24, 2006 9:19 am

Hi Lynn,

I'm new to this forum and in answer to your questions about the Press Equalizer. I've been on the web since 1997 and while I have no experience with this particular piece of software I have bought and used more mass submitters than you can shake a stick at. None of which lived up to there promises. Yes the sales letter does its job and makes it sound like a viable tool. However I believe you'll suffer disappointment with the results.

Just my opinion :!:
Hope this helps,

Art Luff
newspub

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Jul 24, 2006 11:08 am

Thank you Art & Welcome :D

It would be interesting to hear how Press Equalizer compares to other submission programs out there. Anyone else have input?
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby petrelis » Thu Aug 10, 2006 11:08 pm

I'm goiong to stay posted to this topic as I've never yet tried a press release - but sounds interesting. I'm wondering if it has betyter/same results as article submitting.

Mark
petrelis

Equalizer Products

Postby Troy » Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:59 pm

This one sure looks interesting. I have used Traffic Equalizer with great results, until google blacklisted my site for using it. I'm sure you've heard me moan about it before in these forums. Well, one year later, Im still trying to pickup the pieces on that episode. If this one works in the same manner as TE, (creating doorways), I would strongly recommend not using it on any domain that you care about. Like everything, this is just one guys opinion.
Troy

Postby petrelis » Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:52 am

Wow Troy,

Curious , did u notify the owners and tell them what happened with TE. Curious because along time ago I purchased it and ended up never doing anything with it (not to smart) but hearing your post - maybe I'm glad I didn't.

Mark
petrelis

TE

Postby Troy » Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:18 pm

NO, what good would that do. They knew they were building a doorway page generator, and as "gurus" they know why search engines frown on doorway pages, and they know why. They just don't care about who they step on on their path to bloated ego guruness, and fat wallets. They made that choice, and, ignorantly and against my better judgement, I went ahead and did it. I didn't pay for the software , but paid in thousands of dollars in lost sales when google banned the site I used it on.

As far as that goes, you can read hundreds of complaints from people who have had their sites blacklisted, for using it, by looking in alot of the SEO furums. If you do use it (traffic equalizer), use it on a different domain. This is what everyone who uses te has told me.

Anyway, I agree with everyone now when it comes to doorway pages. They are un-ethical. All traffic equalizer does is take a list of your keywords, combine it with your ad that points to your sales page, and mixes it with stripped search results, to creat the illusion that the pages have unique and worthwhile content. Doesnt it just p**s you off when you do a search for something, and have to wade thrugh hundreds of pages that are nothing but a google ad, an ad pointing to something else, and more search results? It's kind of like picking up a phone book, searching for "bob smith", and getting back a list of all of the phone books that might or might not have bob smiths phone number. Annoying.

There is one ethical reason to use doorway pages, but I wont get into it now.

As far as complaining, I try to take responsibility for my actions. Especially when I knew better in the first place. Since then, I have broke into the code and have converted to something that is useful for me.

If Jeff reads this, and decides to sue me for badmouthing his search engine spammer, then at least I would have a great defense and a countersuit. He did promote this piece of crapware as ethical, when all of the search engines tell you straight up that it is not.

So, then, this is why I have a negative feeling towards any of his products.
On the positive side... While using it , I was able to saturate the engines with enough eBay ads to make 5 grand in one month. The next month, google also banned that site. :twisted: With everyone else doing it also, it did wake google up to the fact, and they did come up with new ways to detect stripped content. After all, a good search engine has the right to want worthwile search results.

Can I can blab on or what!!! :lol:
Troy

Next

Return to Online Marketing & Publicity