[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Which Tracker? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Which Tracker?

How to do keyword research, find trends, locate niches, etc. Tools, methods, ideas and Q&A can be found here...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Which Tracker?

Postby mystery777 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:49 am

Hi guys,

I am looking for a good comprehensive tracker. I want something that will allow you to see the number of visitors to your site, the path they took through your site, the country they came from, the site or search engine that referred them, the keywords that they searched on etc. Do trackers provide all that or is it a hit-counters job? I also want it to be easy to use and view as much as possible. I am considering maybe adminder or hypertracker...which one is better?

Another question: how do I make the affiliate numbers in links invisible, also invisible as in when pointing to the link, the affiliate link doesn't appear at the bottom, but is substituted by words of my choice, so that they won't get hacked?..... If I ever needed a hit-counter in every page, then how do I make it invisible as well?

I heard about a free hit counter at sitemeter.com, does it provide full details? That's a stack of questions I know, but I hope that I get to find the answers here without boring a lot of members.

Help appreciated..
mystery777

Postby annalaurabrown » Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:12 pm

annalaurabrown
Elite Member

Statcounter

Postby zedbiz » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:17 pm

zedbiz

Postby Dale King » Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:50 pm

Dale King

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:52 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby ElevatingYourBusiness » Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:27 pm

ElevatingYourBusiness

Postby mystery777 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:15 am

mystery777

Postby CorpRebel » Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:59 pm

CorpRebel

Postby mystery777 » Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:47 am

Hi CorpRebel,

I tried scripts at the begining, but ended up thinking that they are only for advanced users who know programming. Is the service you use free?
mystery777

Postby CorpRebel » Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:24 pm

CorpRebel

Postby Paul Wilson » Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:47 pm

Paul Wilson

Postby Ladan Lashkari » Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:49 am

There are two types of "trackers":

1. Traffic Analysis Programs or Scripts

These tools will give you such information:

* Popular pages (most visited pages of your site)
* Entry pages (which pages most people have entered your website from)
* Exit pages (which pages most people have exited your website from)
* Referring URLs (which websites have sent you visitors)
* Referring search engines
* Searched keywords (which keywords people have searched for that they have found your website)
* Your visitors' browser version, operating system, IP address, and so on

I've tried many free and paid traffic analysis solutions out there so what I'm recommending comes from my personal experience:

For free traffic analysis resources, is the best tool I've ever found. It's so good that I wonder why it's free. Besides this, and are two of the best tools too.

For a more complete paid solution, I highly recommend . Actually this is one of the tools I use for my websites right now.

2. Ad Tracking Scripts

They are very valuable when it comes to testing and tracking your different marketing and promotional strategies and campaigns.

For example let's say you have posted an ad in 5 different ezines and you want to know how many visitors each ad has pulled, how many of them have download your free report, and how many have placed an order after a while.

Knowing this information is VERY powerful because you'll find out which parts of your campaign are weak and you need to fix them, and which ones are fantastic and you should continue using them.

I tried several different ad tracking scripts and programs and none of them offered all the necessary features that I was looking for. But then I found and really loved it. I'm still using it and it's really amazing.

It's not free though but if you're serious about your marketing and business success, this one-time investment is definitely worth it and will pay for itself many times over. It definitely did for me. :)

Wish you the best of luck!
Ladan Lashkari

Postby eide » Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:31 pm

Hi

For website visitor's tracking I use google analytics. Before you pay for anything you should try it first. For me, it does everything I need right now, except i'd like to see IP address of each visitor. I've seen some people combining it with log analyzers to achieve even more accurate results(as for log analyzers, there are many of them free..)

The website:
http://www.google.com/analytics/

You will have to wait for invitation code, I waited around 2 months, but recently I've heard it might take you only week or so. This service is completely free (up to 5 domains I think)

For tracking affiliates and my own advertising, I have Post Affiliate Pro. It has great features and tracking is the best I've ever had(and for fantastic price).

It tracks ROI for affiliates and my campaigns - crossbrowser and even when visitor delete cookies! And no, there's no IP tracking responsible for this, it's completely new tracking method - tracking by flash..

The website is here:
http://www.qualityunit.com/affiliate/software.html

Martin
eide

Postby Ladan Lashkari » Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:47 pm

Ladan Lashkari

Return to Market Research