[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Which Autoresponder ??? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Which Autoresponder ???

Newsletters, Ezines & e-Courses: From capturing email addresses to capitalizing on your mailing list - Join us here to discuss weekly newsletters, autoresponders and Email Marketing in general...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Which Autoresponder ???

Postby Steevg » Fri May 12, 2006 10:30 pm

Steevg

i see your problems...

Postby calvinchin » Fri May 12, 2006 10:55 pm

calvinchin

Postby Steevg » Sat May 13, 2006 3:49 am

Steevg

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat May 13, 2006 3:23 pm

Hi Steve,

You can read my thoughts on 'Choosing an Autoresponder' in this thread:
http://www.selfstartersweeklytips.com/f ... php?t=7867

I am using Aweber myself, and LOVE it. It was the best switch I ever made. Yes there is a monthly fee, but I've found it to be well worth it. The delivery rate alone for starters. But I can host as many mailing lists and autoresponders on the one account as I like, so I use it for all of my sites for the same price. And yes, you can set up scheduled autoresponders that send out messages in order regardless of when a person subscribes.

As you'll see in that thread, I dont like going with my hosts mailservers as they tend to be 'blacklisted' more often than not. I am also skeptical about using anything my ISP might deem as "bulk email" going through their server - or anything that isnt double optin.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Steevg » Sat May 13, 2006 10:45 pm

Hi Lynn,
yes I was searching through the SSWT forums earlier, and found the thread you pointed to, very informative, and as a result I think I've decided to go with either Aweber or GetResponse.
At this time I'm inclined to go with Awber, simply because of the feedback I'm getting from this and other forums. I don't think there's much difference between the two, so I guess it's a matter of trying and finding out - I also like Aweber's 30 day free trial - didn't see that on the GetResponse site!

I know I should be asking Awber this - but as a member, can I unsubscribe anytime (ie: not give 30 days notice) and what happens to my mailing/opt-in lists if I do this?

Thanks for the feedback - I've also subscribed to your Aweber blog page too - find it full of interesting stuff!

Regards,
Steve
Steevg

Postby Bina Omar » Sun May 14, 2006 12:29 am

Hi Steve,

I'm with Lynn on this one. I really like Aweber. I used to have an account
with GetResponse. They have quite good features as well. The one thing
about GetResponse though (from what I've read) is how they have a free
account option. And this increases the rate of spam mailings from this
domain.

I've read that it's easier for your mailings to get through when you're with
Aweber.

You might want to read my post about autoresponder service vs software
here:
http://www.webbriefcase.com.au/2005-11/ ... -software/

About unsubscribing as a member (which I take to mean cancelling your
service), I would think that Aweber would make it fairly simple. There's
nothing in their knowledgebase that suggest that you need to give them
a 30 day notice or anything like that.

Aweber gives you the option to download your subscriber info.

Hope this helps,
Bina.
Bina Omar
Elite Member

Postby flensborg » Sun May 14, 2006 2:23 am

I started out maintaining a list in Outlook Express - it was a pain to maintain.

Then I moved on to one of the free autoresponder services available - which drove most of my emails into the spam filters of too many ISP's.

Then I went with software installed on my own domain - this would stop working from time to time when my host upgraded perl or php for instance.

Finally I made the move to Aweber - and I'm staying here :-)

/Henrik
flensborg

I see...

Postby calvinchin » Sun May 14, 2006 3:27 am

Hi Lynn,

Thank you for your autoresponder topic, this is another good case
of why looking for autoresponder service.

Also, Bina, I read your topic, and left a feedback. :wink:

Steve, do reply to us of your experiense with GetResponse. :D

Thank you.
calvinchin

Postby Steevg » Sun May 14, 2006 5:12 am

Calvin (and all who posted),
Actually I'll be going with Aweber to see how that works out for 30 days.
I like their layout and the live online support.
I have this kind of online support with my hosting company and it's very fast and professional.
So I'll let you know how it goes.

Regarding the other stories . . . . . . I've been on other forums and read similar problems with "DIY" Autoresponders, scripts, AR's on your own hosting sites & on your own computer etc. etc. . . . . . in fact I think there's enough material to write another eBook about Autoresponder Horror Stories. This has ultimately helped me decide to go for an Autoreponder provider, as opposed to anything else on offer.

Suffice to say the feedback has been invaluable, and has certainly put my mind to rest.

I guess it's summed up by asking the question:
"Do you want a professional result for your newsletters and follow-up emails, or just one which "will do"??"
And in my case, I'll need the professional result.

Thanks again everyone for your input, hopefully others looking in to this post will have gained some valuable knowledge from the experts.

. . . . . I certainly have.

Regards,
Steve Green
Steevg

Postby Lynn Terry » Sun May 14, 2006 9:52 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Steevg » Mon May 15, 2006 2:59 am

Thanks Lynn.
I'll sign off of this post for now, and see how Aweber works out.

Will probably be posting elsewhere soon as I'm in the middle of trying AdWords for the first time.
I just bought Perry Marshals eBook "The Definitive Guide to AdWords" so better get reading.
From what I read this is THE way to get that little bit of extra income we all need from time to time.

Thanks.
Will speak later no doubt.

Have a great week everyone.

Regards,
Steve
Steevg

Postby Steevg » Mon May 15, 2006 3:10 am

Oh Lynn (or anyone else please) I forgot to ask!
I'm busy working on my first 10 newsletters to send out via Aweber, is there a simple way to format them for 60 characters wide?
Currently I'm using MS Word (for Mac). I'm using the Column tab at the bottom of the page to see how many characters I'm on, then manually hitting return at 60 characters or earlier.
Any advice here for an easier solution?

Thanx
Steve
Steevg

Postby flensborg » Mon May 15, 2006 4:58 am

flensborg

Postby Steevg » Mon May 15, 2006 5:18 am

Steevg

Aweber wraps at 67 characters

Postby flensborg » Mon May 15, 2006 1:30 pm

flensborg

Return to Email Marketing, Mailing Lists & Autoresponders