[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - My first Article • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

My first Article

Newsletters, Ezines & e-Courses: From capturing email addresses to capitalizing on your mailing list - Join us here to discuss weekly newsletters, autoresponders and Email Marketing in general...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

My first Article

Postby Kimmy » Wed May 10, 2006 10:26 am

I finally broke down and wrote an article to go along with my store, could use some suggestions if ya'll have the time

How I Came About Having A Live Ebay Based Online Store

Alot of you have heard of ebay I'm pretty sure. It seems like a profitable business for those wanting to work from home, earn extra money on the side, or those in dier need of money without any other advertising venue at their fingertips. Ebay has become so popular throughout the years that even famous, known people auction, or sell their stuff there. If you sit back, and think about it, it is quite amazing how one website grew into one of the most popular online businesses in history. That is how I made my choice on what site would sell the most, and make the most profit for me.

I actually admit I had never heard of such a site that actually shows ebay LIVE on the website's front page, and is mostly ebay based till I came across an article of Dave's Cool Little Website (which some of you might of heard of before). I was amazed at the information on it, and how it incorporated various streams of making money into one website! So of course me being the "jump in with two feet first" kind of woman that I am just HAD to try it out, and here I am today owning my OWN cool little website.

Since I've signed up for it I have been so much more relaxed, and the website itself pretty much sells itself. On my main page for the website you will see listings of live ebay products right there at your fingertips to buy! Some people may ask, why not just go to ebay to buy the item they are looking for instead of going to your site? Well my answer to that is because I list the lowest priced ebay items on the front page, not to mention have a direct navigational left side menu so you can pick any category that you choose. Not to mention my website ALSO includes various other links to other sites to help you, yourself either get your own online business, or be able to find other listings with the item that you may want to purchase that you cannot find on my website. My website pretty much combines all what you are looking for into one main site.

Don't take my word for it though, see, and judge for yourself at http://www.sells4less.org. You have nothing to lose by JUST looking, and who knows you might perhaps find something of interest to you!. For all those who read this, I thank you so much for taking time out to do so.
Last edited by Kimmy on Wed May 10, 2006 4:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kimmy

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed May 10, 2006 11:09 am

Hi Kimmy,

Before I actually read the article, a couple of quick notes:

- Your subject line reads "My First Ezine" but you start the post out by saying "I finally broke down and wrote an article". Can you clarify?

- You should break your article down into readable paragraphs. People find it very difficult to read an entire block of text like that - so they generally wont ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Kimmy » Wed May 10, 2006 11:27 am

oh I understand what you are saying, and can fix it into paragraphs. I understand about the ezine, and article too kind of contradicting each other. Thank you for the tips!
Kimmy

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed May 10, 2006 1:49 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Kimmy » Wed May 10, 2006 4:31 pm

Kimmy

Postby Lynn Terry » Wed May 10, 2006 5:50 pm

Much better :D

It could use some minor editing - mainly just grammar & punctuation, but that shouldnt take but a second. You could even paste it into Word or a similar word process and let it spell check and point out fixes.

Anyway, it would be great for your blog or something like that - very good little read. If you plan to submit it to others for syndication or reprint, though, you might want to change the ending and put your link in your byline (signature) instead of within the article. If it appears a little less self-promotional, you'll more likely find it published on other websites ;)
Last edited by Lynn Terry on Thu May 11, 2006 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Kimmy » Wed May 10, 2006 6:20 pm

oh thankies, I sure appreciate your help
Kimmy

Postby flensborg » Thu May 11, 2006 12:38 am

Hi Kimmie,

Personally I would break up the article into more than the current 4 paragraphs.

I would definitely change the title to be more reader-centric. As it is now ("How I Came About Having A Live Ebay Based Online Store") it's Ego-centric or I-centric.

People viewing the title could easily go "Oh yeah, good for you" - and then look for the next article without reading yours.

The title of your article (or email subject line) makes or breaks if your visitors take action and actually reads it - so I would make it a priority to come up with a compelling, catching, intriguing, curious title.

/Henrik
flensborg

Return to Email Marketing, Mailing Lists & Autoresponders