[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - PayDotCom vs ClickBank • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

PayDotCom vs ClickBank

From setting up an Affiliate Program to Recruiting & Managing Affiliates - join us here to ask questions or share your tips & experiences.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

PayDotCom vs ClickBank

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:43 pm

PayDotCom is the new paypal-based alternative to ClickBank. As an affiliate you can promote the products listed at PayDotCom just like you can at ClickBank - it's simply a new affiliate network that you can join for free and earn money through product sales. The only major difference is that you dont have to wait for a check to arrive in the mail... they payout via PayPal.

As a merchant, PayDotCom has a lot of features that make it a more appealing option than ClickBank. For starters, your merchant account is free (unlike ClickBank which charges a $49.95 activation fee).

And again, you dont have to wait for a check - in fact, when one of your products sells (either directly, or through one of your affiliates) the money goes directly into your PayPal or Stormpay account. There's no waiting period at all.

Another perk is that you can sell an unlimited number of products through your PayDotCom account. With ClickBank you can only sell one product per account (unless you purchase EasyClickMate software to get around this) - which means you pay $49.95 to set up each product on ClickBank. PayDotCom does have a one time $29 activation fee for multiple products, but that one fee will allow you to set up an unlimited number of products.

You can also sell both physical and digital products through PayDotCom. You can even set up subscription based items, such as a membership-based site or ongoing service. ClickBank only allows you to list digital goods, such as info products.

It just makes sense to choose PayDotCom over ClickBank. There are tons of reasons why... but another one of the big differences is that PayDotCom allows you to email all of your affiliates - ClickBank does not. That has been one of the major problems with ClickBank - that you had no idea who your affiliates were, and no way to contact them. Add in the fact that you had no control over refunds, were forced to offer a specific guarantee and had no real stats to work with... and ClickBank was extremely restrictive. However, it was the best option for a long time because it was one of the only options (outside of setting up the software to manage your own affiliate program in-house).

I signed up for a free acount myself, so I've had an opportunity to check things out behind the scenes. It's very easy to use, and they offer a lot of features to both the affiliate and the merchant. I was impressed with it, myself - and am surprised I havent heard more talk about it than I have.

Check it out for yourself: http://paydotcom.net/?affiliate=8361 Click the Vendors button there on the main page, and then click the "check it out to compare..." link.

I'm not sure why anyone would even choose ClickBank anymore, now that PayDotCom is available. For years now there has been talk about inaccurate reporting at ClickBank, "dry spells" where no sales were reported at all in accounts that get consistent sales otherwise, etc. With all of that in question, and all of the features lacking that any good affiliate program manager should offer... I see ClickBank needing to make major changes, or phasing out altogether.

And I'll give you one more reason to sign up for a free account, if you havent already: You can refer other people to PayDotCom and earn $5 for every new free account that results from your recommendation. I remember when PayPal first appeared on the scene... and offered a $10 referral commission. Since the accounts were free, a lot of people signed up when they were introduced to PayPal by someone else... and many people made hundreds - even thousands - of dollars on those referrals! This is another such opportunity ;)

The link I gave above ( http://paydotcom.net/?affiliate=8361 ) is my own referral link. It will cost you absolutely nothing to set up a free account - through which you can promote other people's products, or set up your own to sell - and I will earn $5 when you do that. From there you can share your own link with others, and earn $5 for every referral (in addition to selling products for commission, or kick-starting your own affiliate program).

PayDotCom stands to benefit YOU in several ways... and by signing up (again, at no cost to you) you can also support all of my work here online at the same time. A win/win for us both ;)
Last edited by Lynn Terry on Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby wahmcafe » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:53 pm

Forgive me, but I am confused :)
My question is: you say
And I'll give you one more reason to sign up for a free account, if you havent already: You can refer other people to PayDotCom and earn $5 for every new free account that results from your recommendation.
I don't promote any programs or products but have at least 300 people interested in signing up (from my parenting forum, also not interested in affliate marketing). Do I have to promote anything or do they pay JUST for referral?
One more thing, I couldn't find any info on when do they start paying you and if there is a minimum amount.
Sorry I am being a pain, I just don't understand :(
wahmcafe

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:26 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Wendy » Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:37 am

Lynn, I'm intrigued by PayDotCom, but my worry is that there aren't enough affiliates using them. With Clickbank, at least you know there are thousands of affiliates looking for new products to promote.

Has anyone used PayDotCom and had their product promoted by many? Or is it still pretty small compared to Clickbank? I guess I'm worried that only 3 people will be promoting my product. LOL

Is there a way to use both networks? I imagine I'd have to make two sales pages.
Wendy

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:24 pm

The thing is that it's really an "illusion" to think that just because you sign up through ClickBank that thousands will automatically start promoting your product(s). At first, it's very hard for people to find you in the affiliate marketplace (because you dont yet rank) and its hard to rank until they do (a catch 22).

Ultimately, you end up having to promote the program yourself - to recruit active affiliates, and keep them motivated to promote for you (another problem with ClickBank - you have no clue who they are, and no way to contact them).

Consider you really do have to put forth an effort to recruit a decent number of active affiliates, it doesnt matter so much which provider you choose. However, I'd be willing to bet your affiliates would be thrilled to get payment via PayPal instead of waiting for ClickBank checks. ClickBank holds back a portion of each payment... and they have a bad reputation for not tracking properly. So those things will work in your favor ;)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby midwestmedia » Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:06 pm

Hi Lynn,

I was wondering if you could clarify something about PayDotCom for me. I know you need to have either a PayPal or StormPay account, but does that mean that you can only accept payments in the format for which you have an account?

Thanks Lynn, this sounds interesting!

Jen
midwestmedia
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:42 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby 5starAffiliatePrograms » Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:30 pm

5starAffiliatePrograms

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:25 pm

Great points, Linda :!:
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby mpradeep » Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:35 am

how is weeklylato? Are they good and really they pay?
mpradeep

Postby Lynn Terry » Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:41 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Ellen C. Braun » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:39 pm

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience as a PDC merchant (not affiliate)... how long does it take to get paid from PDC?

Thanks!
Ellen C. Braun
Elite Member

Postby Jim Guinn » Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:44 pm

Hi Lynn,

I just saw this sticky after posting my thread asking for feedback about PayDotCom.....I do have a question....and I haven't heard back from PDC yet. I reason I picked them for my new Financial Niche site is because they could handle a program that has a monthly membership fee. CB can't! My intention was also to reward my affiliates on a regular basis for the referrals they bring to my site and sign up. In other words, my intention was to pay my affiliates each and every month their referral stays a member at my site. Does PayDotCom do that or will it only credit my affiliates the first month? If it will only credit them the first month, I have a lot of tracking to do to pay them every month.

Jim
Jim Guinn

Postby Lynn Terry » Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:18 pm

I'm pretty sure it will pay them every month - because I am an affiliate for a monthly payment option with another merchant, and I get my payments from them each month. Surely they dont process them manually! Let us know what PDC says though.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Sandra » Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:58 pm

PayDotCom is certainly an improvement over ClickBank. Especially for affiliates and merchants who are just starting out with recruiting affiliates to sell thier products.

However there's a couple of drawbacks that I discovered when I as a merchant began using the system.

PayDotCom charges $1-3 per transaction to use thier service. On the other hand a shopping cart like 1shoppingcart or KickStartCart (which both have affiliate modules)are $79/month. So for 100 ebooks would be about .79 per book instead of $1-3 per book. (The more you sell the more economical it would be)

PayDotCom uses Paypal or Stompay to process payments. So you have to pay them on top of PayDotCom. The listed on PayDotCom does not include these fees for Paypal, which you can see .

For me recruiting affiliates is not a priority right now, so I am sticking with Paypal Buy Now Buttons. Later in the year I will likely upgrade to one of the online shopping carts. (I have PayPal integrated with Aweber so there's instant delivery for digital products.)
Sandra
Elite Member

Next

Return to Affiliate Program Managers