[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Opinions on PayPal...Great or Evil? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Opinions on PayPal...Great or Evil?

What to sell? How to get started? Whether you want to auction one item, or use online auctions as your full time business - join us here to discuss eBay and other auction sites!

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

80%
20%

Total votes : 10

Opinions on PayPal...Great or Evil?

Postby auctionnet » Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:31 am

auctionnet

Nothing wrong with PayPal...

Postby HowardH » Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:38 pm

There is nothing wrong with PayPal that a healthy dose of meaningful competition wouldn't cure -- in a heartbeat. And, at long last, it looks like they might get some.

I'm not talking about Greenzap, the Ponzi scam originated by Damon Westmoreland, a notorious Multi-Loser-Marketing/Ponzi con artist. I'm talking about the biggest and most-respected presence in the search engine world, Google. Google plans to introduce its own online payment system later this year. They haven't made any details clear, but I have high hopes for their new system. PayPal really needs some competition. So does ebay, btw -- and Google (Froogle) is starting to provide some competition for ebay, too.

My only fear is that Google will cobbler everyone else so completely that they become the monster everyone comes to despise.
HowardH

Re: Opinions on PayPal...Great or Evil?

Postby HowardH » Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:42 pm

HowardH

Here Comes Goggle!

Postby karynsolo » Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:56 pm

karynsolo

Postby grafx77 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:10 am

Watch Out Paypal.......Here comes Auction Checkout!!!

I have been an avid Ebayer for 2 years now and make my primary source of income from online auctions. I recently had the priviledge to stumble across a company that could very well be the next Paypal EASILY.

I, like most other people who have been using Paypal for quite some time, am sick of the dictatorship that Paypal presents itself with on a daily basis. They have frozen, limited, restricted and pulled funds out of my account on numerous occasions without any clear definition as to why.

I have always been able to resolve the matters, but it is definately a pain in the a## after numerous incidences.

I have been through all the other online payment sources available that you can think of and none of them compare to usability, functionality, and intergration of AUCTION CHECKOUT.

This service is just like a merchant account but NOT. They enable you to accept credit card payments from your winning auctions automatically and will send out invoices to your winning customers.

This service has all the functionality of Paypal without the "Ego". Even the transaction fees are the same at 2.1% per transaction. You just cant beat that anywhere else and believe me, I have already tried.

If you would like to find out more details in regards to AUCTION CHECKOUT, go to auctioncheckout dot com.

Believe me when I say this, I am not a spokesperson or a salesman for the company, just a satisfied client who thinks that many others will benefit from this service.
grafx77

Postby Home_Based_Mom » Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:57 am

I agree that what would improve PayPal's customer service greatly would be a healthy dose of competition. Right now they can do whatever they want without fear of any significant consequence because their customers have so few other options. As long as Google or anyone else offers the same or better conveniences and ease of use along with treating the customer as a valuable asset, Paypal will have to improve, and everyone wins.

Sandi
Home_Based_Mom

Postby avrr » Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:48 am

avrr

Postby grafx77 » Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:59 pm

Avrr,

This is not true, Paypal does notify you once they limited or withdrawel from your account.
grafx77

Postby eBookWriter » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:44 pm

Auction Checkout sounds great--except for those monthly fees. Having to pay up to $40 a month for the privilege of using the service, plus per sale fees, I just don't see a savings there. Of course, I'm not a PowerSeller yet, just a little person in the pot. For people making megabucks on their auctions, this could be a good thing. For us little fish, not so much.

PayPal is free to set up and there's no monthly fee. That's why I settled on them in the beginning. I've been using them for about three years or so, and only this past summer had any trouble. Nothing horrible, and it was taken care of.

I've bookmarked Auction Checkout anyway just to keep it handy for down the road a piece.

Anita

eBookWriter

How can this be . . . ?

Postby Surfbay » Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:50 am

:lol:

Beleive it or not . . . But I find Paypal - both good and bad.

The online payment concept is excellent . . . except Paypal excludes many countries.

Furthermore . . . Paypal has a curious way of doing things.

They can . . . A N D will block your account before ever giving you any warning.

But I guess when everything is said and done - Paypal is probably the BEST.
Surfbay

Postby utopia.worldventures.biz » Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:26 pm

utopia.worldventures.biz

Postby AuctionCUT.com » Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:55 pm

Although not perfect, Paypal makes it easy for small traders and businesses to accept payment and grow.
AuctionCUT.com

Return to Online Auctions / eBay