[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Submitting articles • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Submitting articles

Writing articles for free publicity, freelance writing, writing books, copywriting, editing and proofreading. If you write, or would like to, join us here in the Writer's Corner.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, DebGallardo

Submitting articles

Postby TheTeddyBearLady » Tue Nov 22, 2005 12:58 pm

I have found that by manually submitting my articles I get great exposure and visibility to my market. Wondering if I can get some feedback on the automated services vs manual postings of articles?

I write articles on running a business, gift buying, how to select the perfect gift, teddy bear care tips, and anything that relates to gift collecting.

Happy holidays
Patricia
TheTeddyBearLady

Re: Submitting articles

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:42 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Will check it out

Postby TheTeddyBearLady » Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:18 pm

Thanks for the informaiton Lynn. I appreciate it.
Patricia
TheTeddyBearLady

Postby Tim_Myth » Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:05 am

Tim_Myth

Postby suranga1970 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:17 pm

I had great success in submitting articles manually, but now there are huge number of available article directories. It is time consuming and almost impossible to submit new articles on a regular basis to most of them manually. That is why it is important to use a good automated article submitting software program.
suranga1970

Postby john925 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:45 pm

john925

Postby Tim_Myth » Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:14 pm

Hmm. I wonder if that got edited out of my sig or if I just screwed up. (If I violated a policy by linking to to the software's download page, I'm sorry!) The download page is http://www.after5webdesign.com/software.html.

It is also available at download.com, or you can also google "Article Distributor" to find it for that matter. There are a few hundred download sites mirroring it.
Tim_Myth

Postby john925 » Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:28 pm

Thanks for the link.

I have bookmarked it so that I can take a further look at it in the future.

When you download the software how will you credit from it. Do you have ads on the software or something.
john925

Postby Tim_Myth » Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:20 pm

My "payment" is that I place a link to the software's download page at the end of your resource box. The exact phrase is "Submitted with Article Distributor", and Article Distributor is linked to http://www.after5webdesign.com/software.html. All told, it eats up 89 characters of your resource box. This means that if your resource box is rather full (say 200 characters), my link gets cut off. Also, you are welcome to delete this link, but taking the time to do that kind of defeats the purpose of using a program to submit articles.

This does not help as much as you might think because Google discounts sitewide links. Once they see more than a few dozen links on one domain, they quit counting. It also doesn't really target any of my keywords.

I am working on Version 3.0 now (I've kind of dropped development of 2.0 because VB6 sucks at working with XML), and one feature of Version 3 will be a pay version that does not put a link in your resource box. Another feature will be that it will submit to more article directories than just the ones using the article dashboard script.

I know it sounds corny, but my other "payment" is a belief that I am doing something good and helpful. I personally find it insane to pay $367 or even $127 for software that just submits articles. When Windows (a mildly important thing like your operating system) only costs $199.95 and it only takes 60-80 hours of development time (being incredibly generous here) to make your software, why should I charge hundreds of dollars? Let's assume I spend 80 hours coding and want to make at least $500 an hour for my time. I also assume I will sell a mere 400 copies of my software, so I should charge $100 per copy. If I only spend 40 hours coding, I can get by charging $50 to still make $500 an hour. If I sell 800 copies, I can charge a paltry $25. I guess my philosophies might be different than most, but I blame it on good parents. :P
Tim_Myth

Postby Tim_Myth » Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:26 pm

Oh, and I forgot, when version 2 (and version 3 as well) opens, it opens to a page with ads. You can click or not. Your choice. I will also be selling ad space on the page, but I haven't hammered out the details yet. I'm open to suggestions. :D
Tim_Myth

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:45 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Tim_Myth » Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:38 am

Tim_Myth

Postby ElevatingYourBusiness » Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:11 am

Here is an article that might assist you...

The Top 10 Reasons Why You Want To Use A Submission Service To Submit Your Articles
http://topten.org/public/AA/AA545.html
ElevatingYourBusiness

Using Article Submitters

Postby wthomas46 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:01 pm

I have been submitting my articles manually thinking that even though it is time intensive, by doing it this way, I am able to submit my articles to the proper category. For those who have used Article Submission Software, are articles able to be categorized by mass submitting or do a lot of articles wind up in wrong or general categories?
wthomas46

Postby skyjoe76 » Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:07 pm

You can try Article Submitter. It's semi-auto. This allow you to select the category ensuring that your article is submitted to the proper category.
skyjoe76

Next

Return to Writing for Publicity, Writing for Pay