[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Forum Tips - How to make the most of your post! • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Forum Tips - How to make the most of your post!

Introduce yourself and your business, tell us why you joined Self-Starters Weekly Tips and brainstorm with fellow members here! General business discussion welcomed. *(Blatant ads will be deleted)

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, WAHumor, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Jul 28, 2003 8:59 am

- If you cant seem to stay logged in:
Bookmark this link (with the trailing slash):
http://www.SelfStartersWeeklyTips.com/forum/
... and then use the bookmarked link to return to the forum ;)

What time is it?!
If the forum time does not match your own time zone, you can adjust this in your Profile settings. Click the Profile link at the top of the screen, and choose your time zone. I am on CST, so mine is set to GMT-5 hours (play around with it if you have to - I wasnt familiar with GMT, so just had to find mine LOL)

Add a photo!
You can add either a real photo, or an icon that represents you... either way, this image "brands" you and your posts ;) Keep it clean, of course... and please keep the image under 125x125 pixels in size.

To add a photo: Log in to your Profile by clicking the link at the top of the page. Scroll to the bottom of that page and insert the link to your image. If you need help with this - just ask :D

Include a Signature!
Be sure to include a compelling signature - either by entering it into the field on your profile, or by manually adding it each time you post. Give us an opportunity to get to know you, and your business!

Consider Your Subject...
There are two reasons to put some thought into your Subject when posting... 1) This is your opportunity to create interest and get your post read, and to compel other forum members to respond ;), and 2) I am in the process of optimizing this forum for a higher search engine ranking. This benefits us all, as the more members that we have the more your signature gets seen - and the more in-depth content and variety we'll have here as a whole. Use keywords when you can, and consider your subject as your one and only chance to convince someone to read what you have to say ;)

Subscribe to the e-Newsletter!
If you arent already subscribed to the Self-Starters Weekly Tips newsletter, you can send blank email (with "subscribe" in the subject line) to sswt@aweber.com or visit http://www.SelfStartersWeeklyTips.com . Each week the top posts from this forum are published in the email newsletter. This is also where the "Hot Topic" or Interactive topic of the week is announced. You may just find yourself mentioned there... I have a habit of supporting those that support the forum ;) Archives can be found here: http://www.SelfStartersWeeklyTips.com/archives.htm

Rules?
None... simply put. I expect you to keep it clean, be nice, no blatant spam, yada yada yada. This is a very open and helpful community, and I'd like to keep it that way. You can buzz me by email, or private message me through the forum if you notice a post that you feel needs to be removed - or moved to a different category.

Any other thoughts? Questions? Post them here :D

Please do take a second to visit the Feedback category and toss in your two cents on Topics you would like to see - I'll be adding them this week, and would love to have your input!

NEW:

There's no reason that YOU can't capitalize on all of the traffic at the SSWT Forum. In addition to more than 2,500 registered members (and growing daily!) there are a large number of 'lurkers' visiting the SSWT Forum every single day. Find out how you can take advantage of all of this targeted traffic... *without* getting banned for blatant advertising ;) See: http://www.selfstartersweeklytips.com/forum-tips.htm
Last edited by Lynn Terry on Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Mike Merz » Mon Jul 28, 2003 9:13 am

While you're at it ...

Recommend Lynn's Forum to a friend!
(you'll be doing them a favor ..;))

Put a link to the forum on your site!
(remember ... reciprocal links are important SE rank boosters!)

Mention it in your newsletter ... and remember to archive!
(your sig file here + the forum link in the archive = all of the above!)

Just my 3 cents! ..;)

Regards,
Mike "does it look like I'm worried about Alexa, Lynny?" Merz
Mike Merz
Elite Member

adding a photo

Postby TorontoCarol » Mon Aug 04, 2003 10:47 pm

Lynn, I need your help please. I can't get my photo to go on my profile. I have it on the "About Us" page of my website, but when I enter the URL, nothing happens. Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?
Carol
P.S. I'm leaving Nashville tomorrow and going back to Canada.
TorontoCarol
Elite Member

Postby robert adams » Mon Aug 04, 2003 10:56 pm

Carol, I can see it just fine.
robert
robert adams
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Aug 04, 2003 10:57 pm

Done ;)

You can log into your Profile now and see the link at the bottom of that screen... I recommend that you use a slightly smaller picture (no larger than 125 pixels wide), so you can upload a smaller version of that pic and then replace the link that is there now.

Hope that helps :D
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Re: adding a photo

Postby flensborg » Mon Aug 04, 2003 11:08 pm

flensborg

photo size

Postby TorontoCarol » Tue Aug 05, 2003 2:18 pm

Thank you everyone for your responses. :)

I did change it in the profile Lynn, so hopefully now it's smaller.

And yes Henrik, I was using the URL from the about me page. So this time I used the link that you told me to. I think that's so amazing that you could tell what my link was. I'm not a very technical person, which is why I love website wizard.
Carol
TorontoCarol
Elite Member

Re: photo size

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Aug 05, 2003 5:17 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby karadawn » Tue Aug 05, 2003 8:29 pm

karadawn

Postby karadawn » Tue Aug 05, 2003 8:31 pm

karadawn

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Aug 05, 2003 8:53 pm