[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Best Ebook Writer • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Best Ebook Writer

Writing Ebooks, Formatting Ebooks, Selling Ebooks, Giving Ebooks Away, Rebrandible Ebooks... Join us here to discuss creating and selling Info Products, Reports, Guides & Ebooks...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Best Ebook Writer

Postby lata » Tue Jul 15, 2003 12:25 pm

lata

Postby Lynn Terry » Tue Jul 15, 2003 1:58 pm

Hi Lata - Great question :D

My first recommendation is to download this free copy of:

by Shelley Lowery

For affordability, the two programs that I use are below (spent less than $130 - very reasonable investment!!)

- $39.95

- This makes ebook publishing easy - plain and simple. You can use basic html code to format your pages, using the easy-to-follow templates for putting it all together. Also, if you have Frontpage, Dreamweaver, or any other web design program... you can create the pages using the method you are familiar with (just like pages you create for a website).

- $87.97

- This is the compiler that I use to turn my ebook into a handy-dandy .exe file - includes capability for "branding" for use in affiliate management and viral marketing campaigns ;)

Hope that helps!
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby lata » Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:27 pm

Thanks Lynn! I had the free book already (I have about 200 on my PC :P )

Any reviews on 'Activ E-book Compiler'? It is very affordable.

Lata
lata

Postby Tam » Thu Jul 17, 2003 4:01 pm

Tam

Postby Mike Merz » Sat Jul 19, 2003 1:49 pm

Mike Merz
Elite Member

Postby The Great Gordino » Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:15 pm

The Great Gordino

Postby James Mann » Sat Jul 19, 2003 5:33 pm

James Mann

Postby Tam » Sat Jul 19, 2003 5:38 pm

Tam

Request to Tam to support James Mann!

Postby Dan Aiuto » Sun Jul 20, 2003 11:56 pm

Dan Aiuto

Postby Tam » Mon Jul 21, 2003 12:12 am

Tam

Postby James Mann » Mon Jul 21, 2003 11:35 am

James Mann

Postby eBookWriter » Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:56 pm

Although it's been a while since this question was asked, I thought I'd toss in my two small coins.

Activ Ebook Compiler was the first compiler I used way back when. We're impatiiently awaiting Sunil's next upgrade for it. We've bombarded him with a huge list of wants Can't wait for him to finish and release version 5!

I've also used Ebook Publisher, Ebook Creator Lite, Easy Ebook Creator, Hiebook Builder and the MSReader build for the lit files. Ah, and several PDF creators. Of those, I use Adobe Acrobat, PDF Writer which comes with Word, and whatever PDF creators come with WordPerfect and PrintShop Pro 15. I also use PagePlus on occasion, and it has it's own PDF creator as well.

Since the PDF creators in the other programs are pretty good, I mostly use Acrobat to clean up my files, and I'm very glad to have it to do those tedious tasks :)

While I'm getting more proficient with PDFs, and am having a great time learning to make them more interesting, my favorite compiler is Activ Ebook. Sunil's got some nifty add ons for it as well. Cool stuff! If you'd like to see what I've done with it, download one of my sample chapter eBooks at Each book is designed a little differently. There's also one in PDF.
eBookWriter

Return to Ebooks & Info Products