[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Don't Forget Your Local Chamber of Commerce • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Don't Forget Your Local Chamber of Commerce

Offline Marketing tips and techniques - how to market your online business OFFline. Also discussing Offline Business set-up and strategy.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Don't Forget Your Local Chamber of Commerce

Postby Chris Bailey » Wed Feb 04, 2004 4:46 pm

Chris Bailey

Postby giftsolution » Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:42 pm

giftsolution
Elite Member

Postby Chris Bailey » Fri Feb 06, 2004 11:18 pm

Chris Bailey

Chamber of Commerce

Postby Eileen » Fri Apr 16, 2004 7:05 pm

I've built up my copywriting business mostly by networking, and my local Chamber has been a big part of it. I attend a Chamber networking event two or three times a month, and usually walk away with a couple of prospects to follow up with. I also joined the Chamber's marketing committee, which has helped me get to know the marketing movers and shakers in my community, which in turn has led me to great marketing ideas and a few referrals. In exchange for ghostwriting the executive director's monthly column, I get my own column, "Marketing for Small Businesses," with a photo, byline, and bio at the end. I've had a couple calls inquiring about my services from that, too. So, bottom line, if you work your Chamber, it can really work for you.

Eileen
Eileen

Postby ElevatingYourBusiness » Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:45 pm

I joined two chambers of commerce and I found them boring. Way too much politcal stuff for me.

I tried to bring on some new networking events, however, that didn't work. I tried to get them to list our web sites in the directory, didnt work.

Very few of my clients report that attending COC meetings have helped them.

Why join? many have group health.
ElevatingYourBusiness

Postby HowardH » Sat May 07, 2005 7:58 pm

HowardH

Postby ElevatingYourBusiness » Wed Jun 01, 2005 1:56 am

ElevatingYourBusiness

Return to Offline Marketing and Offline Business