[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - New Forum Look: Opinions, Suggestions? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

New Forum Look: Opinions, Suggestions?

Love it? Hate it? Have an idea to share? Let me know what you'd like to see in the newsletter, on the site and in the forum! I'm all ears ;)

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Re: Side to side scrolling drives me nuts...

Postby deniseoberry » Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:08 pm

deniseoberry

Postby Phil Tanny » Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:03 pm

Hi Lynn,

Nice job. I like the tan, and the blue, but not sure about them together. I might try the red color in your logo as the background, or white, and see how it looks. This is too much work but adding a dropshadow so the tan appears to be casting a shadow on a white background would add some tasteful punch perhaps.

Of course whatever you decide on, all us artists will insist it must be something else :-) so maybe blue is cool and back to work.

Whatever the color, you've created a nice community here, and that's what matters.
Phil Tanny

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:11 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Phil Tanny » Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:21 pm

Phil Tanny

Looks Great!

Postby kev » Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:42 pm

kev
Elite Member

The Blue is fine

Postby Warren Contreras » Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:59 pm

I like the blue fine but you need to make the little scroll thingie on the right side blue also instead of tan so it blends right in and can't be found.

I know I could use my thumbwheel but I have never adapted the habit. If I can't find the scroll thingie I am stuck with reaching for the arrows on top and bottom which are far apart.

In case my babbling doesn't make sense, it's all about the scroll bar on the right to move between posts.
Warren Contreras

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:11 pm

I agree Warren, I noticed that too and found it annoying. I'll add it to the list!

And thank you, Kevin - your comments are very much appreciated! :D
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Mike Merz » Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:30 pm

Hey, Lynn! ... Everyone!

I like it, because ...

* ... it has your unique 'look', ties in with your homepage nicely.

* ... it's more warm and inviting. ;)

I love everything about the forum, itself (color, graphics, layout) ... though I wasn't initially sure about the back ground color, either ... but it does make the forum stand out, which I like.

Regards,

Mike "Lynn does it ... again ;)" Merz
Mike Merz
Elite Member

Congratulations!

Postby Felix Torres » Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:31 pm

Greetings Lynn,

Your forum's new look has a very "feels like home" appearance now, and as such it is quite pleasing to the eye.

Furthermore, the extra touch of adding your photo in the upper left hand corner of the top of the page puts an actual face behind the technology, which is also another major plus.

Keep up the good work!

Happy New Year,
Felix Torres

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:38 pm

Thank you both :D There is such a good mix of opinions and suggestions here - I really appreciate everyone taking the time to post!

I am considering a 'slate blue' and may test that later in the week. Originally, I wanted to keep the same shade of blue that has always been behind the SSWT site, so as not to totally confuse repeat visitors... but by now I think the point is mute.

I'll keep testing & tweaking. Eventually we'll reach perfection, eh? 8)
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Mike Merz » Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:04 pm

Mike Merz
Elite Member

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:09 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Great Job

Postby bopub » Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:11 pm

bopub

Postby CorpRebel » Mon Jan 17, 2005 6:19 pm