[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Need tips on gaining subscribers • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Need tips on gaining subscribers

Newsletters, Ezines & e-Courses: From capturing email addresses to capitalizing on your mailing list - Join us here to discuss weekly newsletters, autoresponders and Email Marketing in general...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Need tips on gaining subscribers

Postby MommyEnterprises » Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:53 am

Hi everyone,

I have a newsletter called

For the last few months I get people that subscribe and unsubscribe to my number of subscribers has basically stayed the same.

I am looking for ways to increase my number of subscribers. I have a link to subscribe on all the pages of Mommy Enterprises. I also offer a free ebook as a gift for subscribing.

Any other tips or suggestions?

Thanks
Stefani Partin :lol:
MommyEnterprises

Postby Bonnie Lowe » Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:15 pm

Hi Stefani,

Do you participate in any online discussion forums directly related to your newsletter topics?

Here's what has worked well for me. My website and newsletter focus on job interviewing techniques. I frequently participate in Monster.com's Interviewing Tips forum. Whenever I post suggestions and advice, I include my website link with my signature block. If people like what I say, they may check out my site and find the newsletter link. Something that works even better is when a question is asked about a topic that I have already written an article about in my newsletter. When I respond to that question, I give a brief answer followed up with something like this: "I recently wrote an article about this topic that you might find useful. Here's the linke if you want to check it out..." When people check on that article, they see all the other articles from my newsletters and this gets them interested in signing up.

I've also written and submitted articles to various online directories, with a resource box at the end of the article that directs people to my site and mentions the free newsletter.

And in the ebook I sell from my site, I mention the newsletter and include the link.

I hope this helps!
Bonnie Lowe

Postby Carrielee » Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:38 pm

Stefani,

I'm a subscriber ;)

What about ezine ad swaps?

I think there's a board at Internet Based Moms dedicated
to ezine swaps.

Carrie
Carrielee

Postby kidino » Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:08 pm

kidino
Elite Member

Postby MommyEnterprises » Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:18 pm

MommyEnterprises

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:11 am

I see two newsletters or sign-up forms on your main page - this might be confusing. Why not combine them into one mailing list? Also, if you are losing subscribers at the same rate at which you are gaining them... consider ways you might retain your readers. Why do you think they are unsubscribing??

You might also find some good ideas in these threads:

http://www.selfstartersweeklytips.com/f ... .php?t=943

http://www.selfstartersweeklytips.com/f ... php?t=1358
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby MommyEnterprises » Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:21 am

The two signups on my page are

one is for my newsletter and the other is for my free ecourse.

thanks for the links :)

Stefani
MommyEnterprises

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:36 am

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby MommyEnterprises » Fri Jul 02, 2004 3:14 pm

MommyEnterprises

Postby Lynn Terry » Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:43 pm

Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Jeff Casmer » Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:38 pm

Jeff Casmer

Postby Ladan Lashkari » Thu Sep 22, 2005 9:53 am

Hi Stefani,

Why don't you put a subscription form - instead of just a link - at the bottom of your pages? So you'll make it easier for your visiors to subscribe.

I used to do it back when I published my Creative Email Marketing newsletter and it was very effective.
Ladan Lashkari

Postby Mpress » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:25 pm

Ok I know this thread is kind of old, but submitting your e-zine to e-zine directories really works well. I submitted my e-zine to http://www.new-list.com and got about 20+ new subscribers every day for a week. But after that i'm getting a subscriber every now and then from New-List. But 100+ new subscribers for free? You can't beat that.

-Mike
Mpress

Postby Lynn Terry » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:49 pm

Thanks for the link, Mike ;)

By the way, I checked out your site (PassiveIncomeInfo.com) and look forward to browsing around there. I have a site and upcoming guide dedicated to the same topic: www.PassiveIncomeGuide.com - perhaps we could share resources sometime and work together in the near future with some co-promotion etc.
Lynn Terry
Site Admin

Postby Jeff Casmer » Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:58 pm

Mike,

Its an oldie but a goodie.......list your ezine in as many directories as you can but make sure you have a good description for your ezine.....this is crucial since these directories have thousands of ezines....

Good Luck!
Jeff Casmer
Jeff Casmer

Next

Return to Email Marketing, Mailing Lists & Autoresponders