[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Please help me in choosing web hosting • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Please help me in choosing web hosting

Discuss domain name registration, registrars, hosting companies, how-to's and anything else associated with domain names and web hosting.

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, Russell Portwood

Please help me in choosing web hosting

Postby 0xyGen » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:42 pm

Hi everyone,
I am sorry for possible offtopic, but I need your help in find new web hosting provider as soon as possible, because my current host (bluehost.com) is kicking me off, they say 'your account is using a lot server resources', but my website gets only about 200 visitors per day and my disk usage is 1500 MB (maybe they do not like that?)

Anyway, what would be your recommendations for getting reliable web hosting? Where are you hosting your websites? Are you happy with your providers?

I am now checking http://www.hosting24.com/ - offer looks very nice, but is it real that they can provide unlimited disk space?
I have contacted them about this question and they say something that "These days 500GB disk drive costs only $30 per month, so if some day we will run out of disk space we will simply add new 500GB disk drive with almost zero costs and you can continue uploading without any problems".

What do you think about it? Maybe things have changed in last 4 years? With my current provider I get only 2GB of disk space for $10 per month..
Any ideas and suggestions are much appreciated.
0xyGen

Postby robert adams » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:19 pm

robert adams
Elite Member

Postby karynsolo » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:58 am

karynsolo

Postby Wellsworth » Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:22 am

200 visits a day shouldn't be an issue with a hosting company unless they're new to the business.

I've been using www.preferredhostingandomains.com and they'll let you know when specials are coming up to save some bucks, you don't even have to be a member, just click the link near the bottom and they'll let you know when an special is coming up. Support is 24/7 also.

I think you can find a lot of options for the price they're trying to charge you. With that kind of traffic sounds like you're on a good path to success, great goin'.
Wellsworth

RE

Postby keatealphonse » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:57 am

Choosing a Commercial Web Host:-
1.Reliability and speed of access
2.Data Transfer (Traffic/Bandwidth)
3.Disk space
4.Technical support
5.FTP, PHP, Perl, SSI, .htaccess, telnet, SSH, MySQL, crontabs
6.SSL (secure server), Shopping Cart
7.Email, Autoresponders, POP3, Mail Forwarding
8.Control Panel
9.Multiple Domain Hosting and Subdomains
10.Server:Is the type of operating system and server important? Whether you think so or not on the theoretical level, there are a few practical reasons for looking out for the type of server.
11.Price
12.Monthly/Quarterly/Annual Payment Plans
13.Resellers? :-Not all hosting companies own or lease their own web servers. Some of them are actually resellers for some other hosting company. The disadvantage of using a reseller is the possibility that you are dealing with people who don't know much about the system they are selling and who take longer to help you.
14.International:-If you don't stay in the USA, you have the option of hosting your site with some local provider.
keatealphonse

Re: Please help me in choosing web hosting

Postby Jeff Usher » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:49 am

Well I can certainly recommend HostingRevolution.com

Been with them for over 10 years and apart from one fire in their office ( which they took 3 hours to recover from Image ) ... there has been no downtime at all and the support there is wonderful and very personal.

They may not be the cheapest ... but you get what you pay for.
Jeff Usher

Postby terrapin719 » Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:02 pm

I am a happy Host Gator customer. So happy that at my business website we became resellers of their service. They have the best customer service I've found in hosting by far.
terrapin719
Elite Member

Postby lindastacy » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:59 am

I'm pretty late on a response to this, but I'm wondering if you tried to figure out what was using resources. I wonder whether someone hacked into your site. Bluehost is a reputable company so I don't think they have unusual limits. I'm thinking that if you don't figure out what was causing it, you might just be transferring the problem to a new server.
lindastacy

Return to Domain Names & Web Hosting