[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - What is your favorite brand of computer? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

What is your favorite brand of computer?

The completely OFF TOPIC forum :-)

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Postby nar321 » Sat May 16, 2009 8:39 pm

nar321
Elite Member

Postby CorpRebel » Mon May 18, 2009 9:58 pm

I've only had Dells for the past several years.

Right now I have two Dell notebooks and one Dell desktop. One notebook is 6 mos old and desktop is 1 yr old that run XPpro. Really like using them.

But my latest notebook (less than 6 wks old) has Vista on it. But it has browser issues that their tech support can't seem to figure out yet.

Obviously it's still under warranty but they want to charge me another $100+ to really troubleshoot it saying it's not covered? Huh?

Over 30 days you can't return it for refund. :evil:

NEVER had this problem with XP. heh heh

I normally really like Dell products. Their tech support USED to be good but now they are a PIA to deal with cuz they may "speak" English but they don't really "understand" English. They're nice enough people & polite but they can't seem to get what I'm telling them. They read from a script. But Dell isn't alone in this regard.

AND they want to charge me extra to speak with tech support in North America. That's nice of them - huh?

A Macbook Pro may be in my future. :roll:

8)
CorpRebel

Postby lisamariemary » Tue May 19, 2009 7:38 am

OMG, Rick - that sucks! I had a similar problem with my new Thinkpad - though it was kind of our fault - I think it was stupid

My dad brought it to me out here in AL from his home in TX, and somehow during the switchover - we lost the key code to Microcrock Ofc.......which I might add - my pop paid 300 BUX for! I wrestled back and forth with them for months ON END......

And then finally just d'loaded Open Office

I was giving them the receipt #, dad's address, all the info I could possibly find to assure them that I wasn't scamming them....and at one point they said it might get mailed to me.....of course, it never did.

Oh yeah - and my dad's got a Mac now! And and iPhone! He loves them! I may break into his apt. this summer!! :lol:
lisamariemary
Elite Member

Postby CorpRebel » Tue May 19, 2009 8:07 am

Don't get me wrong ...

I still like Dell and will still recommend them. I think they are still as good as one can get. I got my last notebook with Vista because I needed to learn a bit about it especially since I bought one for my mom too. In case she has problems. She has NO problems and loves hers. But then again, she's (like most users) not a hard core user like I am. heh heh

Like I mentioned, the support problems (outsourcing) isn't just an issue with Dell ... ALL the major PC companies do this except Apple, of course.

I am pretty tech savvy (used to build my own PCs) and used to repair them too.

Aaahhh well ... Life in the FAST techology lane! :lol:

8)
CorpRebel

Re: What is your favorite brand of computer?

Postby MichaelS » Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:01 am

Apple.
MichaelS
Elite Member

Postby cwboaze » Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:23 am

lol, I would have to say my own.

I buy no manufactured computer any longer.

I build my computer by hand, everytime now. been doing it since 2001.
cwboaze

Postby tms_seo » Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:10 am

Well i have one PC at home and the brand is Intel. It's not that expensive,but its worth buying ^__^
tms_seo

Postby sanilbd » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:29 am

I would like to use Mac laptop. But i dont have any brand. Mac and sony is my favorite
sanilbd

Postby shivi » Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:33 pm

hello.

Thanks for your info. For personal use:

Laptop: Tadpole. Expensive, yes, but they're genuinely top flight machines.

Desktop: self build. A self build computer is no cheaper and frequently more expensive than a ready assembled machine but you get to specify every single component that goes into it. That gives an ideal machine for the intended use and no cut corners to save costs.
shivi

Previous

Return to Coffee Break!