[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Blog blocked by Google • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Blog blocked by Google

All about blogging, bloggers, how to blog, platforms and themes and templates, blog promotion, working with RSS feeds, and more...

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary, MommyEnterprises, Mike Paul

Blog blocked by Google

Postby Monna Ellithorpe » Mon May 25, 2009 5:13 pm

Has anyone ever had their blog blocked by Google and reported as spam?

I was trying to update mine this morning and found that I can't do anything with it now until Google decides to unblock it or delete it.

I think I know who may have reported it as spam but of course I have no way of proving it.
Monna Ellithorpe

Postby terrapin719 » Mon May 25, 2009 5:18 pm

You mean you were deindexed? Or you mean your blogspot blog was shut off?

Unfortunately that's the problem wit h using a blogspot blog, they can turn it off whenever they want, and even delete it completely without any warning.
terrapin719
Elite Member

Postby Monna Ellithorpe » Mon May 25, 2009 5:27 pm

This is the message I rec'd about my blog. I cannot see where I have violated any TOS.

I have requested a review. I do have a lot of links on it; some are links to other websites, articles, and affiliate links, but I do have a lot of content on it too. I have some quotes on the blog but I have always made sure to give credit and a link to the original source.

This has me so discouraged today.

This blog has been locked due to possible Blogger Terms of Service violations. You may not publish new posts until your blog is reviewed and unlocked.

This blog will be deleted within 20 days unless you request a review.
Monna Ellithorpe

Postby terrapin719 » Mon May 25, 2009 10:22 pm

:( Unfortunately that happens a lot on Blogger's Blogspot blogs, which is why it's recommended to blog on your own domain name. That way you have control of the content etc...

I would grab your content and start copy & pasting to your own domain during that 20 day period just in case they do delete it.
terrapin719
Elite Member

Postby Monna Ellithorpe » Tue May 26, 2009 7:40 am

Thanks for the reminder but I have already copied everything I had on it into a file until I can get my own site for it.
Monna Ellithorpe

Postby Monna Ellithorpe » Tue May 26, 2009 7:43 am

I think I know who put a scam report on it, but I can't prove it. I belonged to another forum and she talked about sharing what we were doing, etc.

I posted a link to my blog and she removed it, so I am thinking she did it, but who really knows.
Monna Ellithorpe

Postby tknoppe » Tue May 26, 2009 7:58 am

Sorry this happened to your Monna. Just confirmation to always get your own domain on your own hosting so you own the content.
tknoppe
Elite Member

Postby Monna Ellithorpe » Tue May 26, 2009 8:08 am

I know I should have, but money is my issue right now. I will get my own site up soon with the same content.

I wish I could have you all look at it and see if you can spot if I did something wrong, but I don't think anyone can see it now but me.

Just in case, here is the link. If you can see it, I would appreciate any input.

http://beginnerinternetmarketinglibrary.blogspot.com/
Monna Ellithorpe

Postby tknoppe » Tue May 26, 2009 8:20 am

Monna - for less than $10 you can get a domain name registered, and I know Lynn has a coupon code for HostGator where you can get the first month for essentially free (for only 1 penny) - if she doesn't have the code, I have one for the same thing. Either way, for less than $10, you can have your own domain name up and running. Then only $9.95 per month after that for the hosting!

I know we can get you earning at least that much (and much more) via affiliate marketing, selling your info products, or something! To at least pay for your hosting every month.

Remember, those hosting fees are business expenses if this is a business site. ;)
tknoppe
Elite Member

Postby Monna Ellithorpe » Tue May 26, 2009 8:38 am

I was with HostGator a couple of years ago and I like their services. I have to make sure I have the rent paid first, but I guess I could afford a penny, right now and hopefully be making some money by next month.

I have never been in this bad of a money situation in my life. I hate it.

I think I will work on getting my site created on my computer first and then get the hosting, so I won't lose any of my free month while working on it.
Monna Ellithorpe

Postby Monna Ellithorpe » Tue May 26, 2009 9:03 am

I guess Google released the block on my blog. The notice is no longer there and I can post again but I am still going to move it to its own site.

Evidently I ticked her off enough to do that.

I would think if I had violated Google TOS they would have deleted it already.

I would still appreciate any opinions or suggestions any one has for me if you have the time.

http://beginnerinternetmarketinglibrary.blogspot.com/
Monna Ellithorpe

Postby tknoppe » Tue May 26, 2009 9:15 am

I would ask them specifically what the violation or complaint was against your blog. If they blocked you and took your site down, then they should know exactly what your violation was and should be able to tell you. So ask them.

I agree - you need to move it; but knowing would be nice, even if it's just to have the knowledge, whether you use it to warn others, or just to know, is up to you.
tknoppe
Elite Member

Postby Monna Ellithorpe » Tue May 26, 2009 10:02 am

I am not going to worry about it any more. I have searched all over and cannot find a way to contact Google directly.

This has happened to others too with no explanation.

Oh, well. I will just get everything ready for a Hostgator account and not worry about it.
Monna Ellithorpe

Postby terrapin719 » Tue May 26, 2009 12:00 pm

Yes, definitely start working towards your own domain. If you need help getting setup we're all here to help you with the little things.

Like Traci suggested you can find some very affordable hosting packages out there! some Hostgator resellers actually have the tiny package that sells for 3.95 a month... super cheap if you just want one or two blogs set up on there it's the perfect size.
terrapin719
Elite Member

Postby Monna Ellithorpe » Tue May 26, 2009 12:31 pm

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate your help.
Monna Ellithorpe

Return to Blogs, Bloggers & Blogging