[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - Which blog shall i use? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

Which blog shall i use?

Newbies are welcome! Join us here to discuss anything related to getting started with your first eBiz - or even a new eBiz model. From ideas to implementation. If you've got questions, ask them here! -- NOTE: topics in this section may get moved to more appropriate categories at some point. If you are unsure where to post your question, feel free to post it here!

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

Which blog shall i use?

Postby Yes! You Can Sing! » Sat May 09, 2009 4:20 am

Hi

Does anyone have any suggestions on which site is best to blog on in terms of getting most traffic?

I've used blogger and wordpress and now i've heard about squidoo and hub pages and others!

Do people set up blogs on more than one site with the same content?

My business is called Yes! You Can Sing! and i want to set up a blog to get more traffic to my website!

Any advice appreciated! Thank you!
Yes! You Can Sing!

Postby tknoppe » Sat May 09, 2009 6:18 am

Without a doubt, I would get your own domain name and setup a WordPress.ORG blog. Not the .com version of WordPress. the .com version. You want your blog on your own hosting so you own the content and control it. ;)

Then have your main blog on your domain and post there regularly.

You can also post related articles on other places like Squidoo, ezine articles, hubpages, etc... and link them back to your main site (WordPress blog). The content on those others sites will all be completely different - but related articles that link back to your main site.

But if you do not have a site at all; I would start with a blog on your domain and work on building quality link-worthy content there; because the best way to get traffic and backlinks to your site is to create content that OTHER people want to link to.

Using Squidoo, hubpages, etc.. should be seen more to drive some traffic than for backlink building.

Definitely use Twitter for traffic & Facebook.
tknoppe
Elite Member

Thank You!

Postby Yes! You Can Sing! » Sat May 09, 2009 7:07 am

That is extremely helpful! Thank you very much!
Yes! You Can Sing!

Postby angienewton » Sat May 09, 2009 8:45 am

angienewton
Elite Member

Postby lyle » Sat May 09, 2009 9:15 am

What they said...:)

Lyle
lyle
Elite Member

Postby terrapin719 » Sat May 09, 2009 6:16 pm

terrapin719
Elite Member

Postby Sami » Mon May 11, 2009 5:32 pm

I agree! A couple of resources you may find helpful;

Cheers
Sami
Sami

Postby nar321 » Mon May 11, 2009 6:03 pm

Add the "Quiet One's" blog www.GenesisBlogging.com to any list of USEFUL resources. If she doesn't have the answer, she can direct you to the proper place. Plus here shortly she will be putting out a ebook on how to setup a Blog with all the mundane details needed to accomplish that task. Keep an eye out for it. Blog on :)
nar321
Elite Member

Postby tknoppe » Tue May 12, 2009 6:18 am

tknoppe
Elite Member

Postby sega009 » Tue May 12, 2009 6:28 am

sega009

Thank You!

Postby Yes! You Can Sing! » Tue May 12, 2009 9:18 am

Thank you for all the good information posted here!
Gena
Yes! You Can Sing!

Re: Which blog shall i use?

Postby John LA » Mon May 18, 2009 2:02 am

John LA

Postby Katysmith » Mon May 25, 2009 1:51 am

Yup i agree both blogger and wordpress are good to use and you can also have a blog of your own
Katysmith

Re: Which blog shall i use?

Postby John LA » Thu May 28, 2009 5:17 am

John LA

Return to Getting Started - Learning the Basics