[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - You never know when a niche will pop up and slap you... • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

You never know when a niche will pop up and slap you...

Newbies are welcome! Join us here to discuss anything related to getting started with your first eBiz - or even a new eBiz model. From ideas to implementation. If you've got questions, ask them here! -- NOTE: topics in this section may get moved to more appropriate categories at some point. If you are unsure where to post your question, feel free to post it here!

Moderators: angienewton, Al Smith, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

You never know when a niche will pop up and slap you...

Postby lyle » Sat May 02, 2009 11:01 am

Hey all. I hope everyone is doing well in all areas of their lives. The subject line of this post may be a tad dramatic but that's how I feel sometimes when thinking about coming up with new and different products to work with in my Affiliate Marketing model. Take this morning for instance...actually, a few minutes ago. I was browsing the MSN homepage and saw an article titled "5 things to get rid of". It caught my attention because I am at the beginning of starting my Spring cleaning and I'm looking to pare things down a bit in the ol' household.

Anyhoo, I clicked on the link and was taken to a very short article with no real content at all but the five item list. As I am want to do, I checked the comments to see how other readers felt about this list and after the usual relative comments, someone posted a comment about how they had gotten rid of their big and bulky wood block knife holders in the kitchen and replaced them with a product called "KNIFAWAY". Well, that started a snowball effect and the next bunch of comments were all about how they each find those wood blocks ugly or too big. One commenter posted about how happy they were having bought this product and how she was looking forward to buying a few for her daughter and friends. SLAP!! Here was someone, an online someone, praising the virtues of this kitchen declutterring product and telling the World that she was going to buy more!!

I quickly put my Affiliate Marketing cap on to see if there was an official website for said product and if they had an affiliate program. They did not, but they do have a reseller program which you need to email for details. I'm not sure if this is for brick and mortar stores only or both online and offline retailers. I then checked Amazon and Walmart but they had no listings for the KNIFAWAY.

At the moment, I'm not going to pursue this because I have a bunch of work to do on my other sites...BUT...if I was looking for a new niche to promote, there it is! The whole declutter industry is huge to begin with but it can be broken down into smaller chunks, like Kitchen decluttering, where this product would do well I'm sure. And all this from a fluff article that in any other context would have no bearing on my life whatsoever...apart from the few seconds I wasted reading it...but it is Saturday so I'm entitled...Smile

The moral of the story folks, is that you never know when something will pop up and say "HEY YOU!! Here I am, now what are you going to do about it!" And if you have the tools at your disposal, you could turn an opportunity from action to income. In fact, that's the title of my new book "From Action To Income"...just kidding, but it would make a great book title I'm sure...dibs on the royalties.

Having said all this, I do realize that some of the comments could be "fictitious" in nature and posted by the good folks at KNIFAWAY land. But that's fine by me, because they are basically doing the presell work for us. Getting readers interested in the product and getting their brand out there. As long as it is done in a way that doesn't smack of SPAM then more power to them. Later all...

Oh, one other thing...I have officially declared May to be Lynn Terry Month over at my fromsmallbeginnings.com blog. Someone had to do it..Smile

Take care all and all the best towards your success.

Lyle
lyle
Elite Member

Postby angienewton » Sat May 02, 2009 5:00 pm

Very interesting!

I have been tempted at times when I see things like that to see if every one of them has an affiliate program LOL but it's a great lesson to keep your eyes open in your own niche to see how you can fulfill the need.

I think every day should be Lynn Terry day. I'll check out your blog soon.
angienewton
Elite Member

Postby lyle » Sat May 02, 2009 9:16 pm

lyle
Elite Member

Postby mellymom3 » Sun May 03, 2009 9:21 am

mellymom3

Postby terrapin719 » Sun May 03, 2009 12:07 pm

terrapin719
Elite Member

Postby lyle » Mon May 04, 2009 12:25 pm

Hey mellymom3 and terrapin719 and thanks for the great comments.

@terrapin719, you are so right about their product website...maybe with more interest they will spruce it up.

@mellymom3 - Now you've got me thinking more about the possibility of actually writing the book...dang you girl!...:) Juts kidding of course, and if I do attempt to go through with such a project I'll know who to contact...:)

Thanks again all and all the best towards your success.

Lyle
lyle
Elite Member

Postby lisamariemary » Mon May 04, 2009 4:19 pm

I totally responded to this thread yesterday or something like that. Hmm. what a bummer. Wish I could remember what I said...

lol
lisamariemary
Elite Member

Return to Getting Started - Learning the Basics