[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3824: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3826: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3827: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3828: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3247)
View topic - What charities are you involved with? • SSWT Internet Marketing Forum •

This Forum Has Been Archived
*Click Here To Visit The NEW Forum*

What charities are you involved with?

The completely OFF TOPIC forum :-)

Moderators: angienewton, tknoppe, terrapin719, lisamariemary

What charities are you involved with?

Postby terrapin719 » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:05 pm

terrapin719
Elite Member

Postby angienewton » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:35 pm

angienewton
Elite Member

Postby goaskmom » Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:35 am

Other than our church, we're mostly involved with a missions organization that goes to Central America and builds facilities, runs medical clinics, and conducts teaching seminars. Not to brag or anything - okay, I'm bragging - it's run by my parents, who are in their 70's. They started the organization when they 'retired' ten years ago.

A couple of years back, my husband and I, along with our four sons, helped my parents celebrate their 50th anniversay by going to Guatemala and building a house for a family of 8 that had been living in a shack. It remains one of the most gratifying and humbling things we have ever done.

The organization is called .
goaskmom

Kiva.org & DonrsChooice.org

Postby createyourdream » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:01 am

createyourdream
Elite Member

Postby Oregon Coast Guy » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:45 pm

Feed the Children
Bible League
Portland Rescue Mission

Regards,

Tony Thomas :wink:
Oregon Coast Guy

Postby tknoppe » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:46 pm

My church, of course and the missionaries we support through that: we also sponsor a child through WorldVision and have for many years.

No other regular charities that we are involved in or donate to. We give as we feel lead to.
tknoppe
Elite Member

Postby angienewton » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:27 pm

angienewton
Elite Member

Postby ChristineG » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:57 am

ChristineG

Postby CaraM » Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:22 pm

I'm personally very involved with March Of Dimes. Not only do we do The March For Babies (was this past weekend - still recovering LOL) but my son and I have gone out to local events with our chapter to speak. My son was born 12 weeks early, so mission to "give every baby their 9 months" is very near and dear to my heart.

We also give annually to the Make A Wish Foundation. A former co-worker of mine had a wish granted for his son who was dying from leukemia. Ever since then, we've donated our Discover Card Cash Back Bonus to the foundation.

I'm also an active volunteer with our local animal shelter (yep, I scoop the poop) and our church.
CaraM
Elite Member

Return to Coffee Break!